• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok People!, Barton 2500+ For $129.. Lets Get Out The Rigs And See What We Can Do!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dropadrop said:
Wasn't the price supposed to go down towards the end of the month? Will it go down even more?

Thats the latest price drop. This price drop was made to make room for the XP3000+ 400MHz FSB Barton and XP3200+ 400MHz FSB Barton processors.

There is one more price drop that is supposed to hit early may that will really shake things. Bartons should fall under the $100 US mark making them a much sweeter deal than T-breds. I suspect,, that in four months time,,, people here will only be buying Bartons.

OC-Master

I think for sure in 4 months time(WHICH IS A TON OF TIME)
(for me:D)that most people will be considering which barton to purchase...and the thought of a tbred will be like considering a pally...just a thought:D

Eek! Dont make me think about having to buy another processor so soon. My TbredB will be here tomorrow. :D

googlegear was $139 yesterday, 137 today... I will wait a bit longer ;) newegg was 140 - out of stock

Strange thing at newegg the retail cpu is cheaper then the OEM?...

Pla said:

Strange thing at newegg the retail cpu is cheaper then the OEM?...

I think newegg plays games with their prices when stock is low on an item. I have seen that with other chips as well. If demand is real high for the oem and supply runs low the price starts going up.

The only thing bad I can find bad on the Barton 2500+ CPUs is much like the 1700+, the Barton 2500+ has only multipliers 5~12.5X available. Is there a way to get the remapped multipliers or am I gonna have to aim for the XP3000+?

OC-Master

OC-Master said:
The only thing bad I can find bad on the Barton 2500+ CPUs is much like the 1700+, the Barton 2500+ has only multipliers 5~12.5X available. Is there a way to get the remapped multipliers or am I gonna have to aim for the XP3000+?

OC-Master

depends on what kind of system you have, i mean, 12.5x200=2500mhz which would be a very good overclock indeed... on air or normal water at least. most people are really hitting close to 200 fsb or above now, and these chips don't usually top 2.4 gigs... so i don't really think its too big of a deal unless you have a prometiea or so.

I have heard they are hitting the same areas as the 1700 t'bred B's are...but for a 1700 it's a 85% increase or something and for the 2500 it isn't. :)

Deathknight said:

I think newegg plays games with their prices when stock is low on an item. I have seen that with other chips as well. If demand is real high for the oem and supply runs low the price starts going up.
I think it's more simple than that. Once a product goes out of stock, Newegg doesn't update the price until it's restocked.

I don't like Comp-u-plus at all. I've fallen victim to there mis-quoted pricing several times. And besides the outdated pictures (for display purposes only), the Barton is model 10 not 8, oh well, I've said enough.

Edit: I'd think it would be better to wait until the 400fsb Bartons come out...better chances of AMD releasing a newer/better stepping.

Back