• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old computer problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wow i have never seen a score so low, do you have any tips on getting it that far down?
I think you need to upgrade to windows 7 :) tha'll fix it .

Actually yes... Use an AGP MB, socket 478 and "upgrade" :-/ from a Ti4600 (overclocked) to a GeForce 7800 GS. My Ti4600 would hit in the 6,000's. My new build is going to make me forget I have a girlfriend... well maybe not, but it is going to be so different than what I have been putting myself through for 6 years! :shrug:

I mean my GPU was hitting 150 degrees F during this Mark... I was scared lol sounded like a hair dryer.

To close an old thread lol

It was for sure the power supply. I was given a brand new 550w power supply so I decided to put it in this old machine which I am now on as a back-up computer while I buy more for my next build from the ground up. I have donated my i7 build to my girlfriend and she loves it. I forgot how snappy this old XP build was but it is nothing compared to what I was just using. I will miss my 800D but I do not use hot swap drives, I will be using a 700D for my own reasons. I will also be going AMD this time. By the way, I took the old PSU to a shop and they tested it... said it was shot but looked like it tried to put up a fight lol.

Back