• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old HDD & Gigabyte Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steve Drift

Howdee All,

This Is My First Post Here So Be Gentle,

Ive Been Repairing Computers For A While Now And Have Recently Came Across A Problem, A Customer Came To Me With A Pc That Would Not Boot. It Was Running Windows 7 HP, With a A Foxconn dh57m02 Mobo And An ATI Graphics Card With A i3 Core Processor.

After a Few Tests I Came To The Conclusion That The Mobo Was Bad, I Had A Good Mobo Here A Gigabyte 8s651mp-rz, That Was Running XP, Me Being Me I Pesumed Windows 7 Would Detect The Drivers And Install Them But No!, Kept Getting Boot Loop As Far As Windows Is Loading Files. I Then Inserted Windows 7 Install Disk And Would Load As Far As Windows Loading Screen Then I Get BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.
STOP: 0x00000074 (0x00000002, 0x8705cba8, 0x00000004, 0xc000009a)

Im Nearly Sure This Is A Driver Issue But Not Sure Where To Go To Sort It Out.:bang head

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appretiated.

Also Something That Came To Mind Was.
Is There A Way To Delete The Old System Drivers From The System32 File And Boot, And Install Mobo Drivers Then???

Thanks In Advance.

Steve

Boot safe mode, uninstall any drivers, reinstall new drivers. Success is low on this, typically a reinstall of Windows will be required.

Thanks For The Reply.

But Cant Even Boot Into Safe Mode, Gets as Far AS Windows Is loading Files And Goes Into Boot Loop.

I Try Booting In Safe Mode With Windows 7 Disk And In Gets As Far As Windows Is Starting Screen. Then I Get The BSOD.

BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

Cant Even Do Clean Install As I Keep Getting The BSOD.

Somebody Please Tell Me Theres An Easy Way To Do This.

I Have MINI XP, So I Can Access The Files On The Drive.

That Article Is For Windows XP, This System Is Running Windows Seven. I Have Ran Memtest In Hirens.
I Might Upgrade The Memory Anyway There Is Only 512 Installed And Windows 7 Can Be Very Fussy About Memory.

Thanks For THe Quick Reply Again.
And The Advice.

Steve

Back