• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old Man alert!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looking forward to a piece of cake in the mail after singing you Happy B-day. :cheers: :grouphug:

and don't worry 66 isn't that bad...but then again how would I know ??:ROFLMAO::p

I sent Candy for your B-Day....Not sure what her last name is... :unsure: :)

It is funny to see the youngsters talk about this. I leave things to you since I am only 72.
Yeah, I'm like an old car with lots of defective parts. I've had heart disease (Atrial Fibrillations and High Blood Pressure) since 1975, Rheumatoid Arthritis with numerous joint deformities since 1985, Compressed disc in lower back since 2003, cancer (Lymphoma) since 2013, then scoliosis in 2018. But so what, I just keep rolling with the punches. Every morning I wake up not dead, is a good day! With all that I managed to get through 47-1/2 years of continuous full-time employment (30 at one company), and ended up with a decent pension, good social security payment, and a modest 401K. I should update my avatar photo, which is about 10 years ago with my old collie Stella when I was having infusions for the Lymphoma. She's gone now and the new collie is mostly black. Here she is in our Virginia back yard.

PXL_20230807_190021958.jpg

As for me, I cut this out of a group photo from a boat expedition at Fenwick Island this summer. At least I still have hair on my head and most of my teeth.

Me-2023.jpg

My icon of a Triumph Street Triple 765; that rider is me on the Tail of the Dragon in 2017.
Few of my buds and I were down there around 89 or 90 ( Or 91 92 my memory is that bad )...It coincided with one of the 17 year cicada hatches...After we washed our bikes each night we laid our leathers down and sprayed the bugs off. :cheers:

The dragon is fun and the 4 hours it takes to get there, but some riders are stupid just look at the tree of shame :rofl:
I haven't been there for 20 years, I don't know if my old azz can take the long ride up there. I inherited my friend's bike and do plan to go to suches once I get the legalities taken care of.

Nice ride(y)

The dragon is fun and the 4 hours it takes to get there, but some riders are stupid just look at the tree of shame :rofl:
I haven't been there for 20 years, I don't know if my old azz can take the long ride up there. I inherited my friend's bike and do plan to go to suches once I get the legalities taken care of.

Nice ride(y)
The Tree of Shame brings to mind what someone (fictional Harry Callahan) once said that applies in this case: A man's got to know his limitations.
When I go for a ride it is usually to Dahlonega, to Suches (take a right on to 180), and loop around Blood Mountain (taking a right on 19), back near Dahlonega, then back towards Murrayville. A scenic and possibly challenging 92 mile ride that takes about two hours (depending on traffic and how much I "play"). It burns two gallons of gasoline and I get some exercise because I move my butt off of the seat to the inside to corner (even when I do not really need to). Good for the quads and the glutes.
I got back into riding in 2017 after forty years.
When I first rode up in the north Georgia mountains I smelled some plant that I have been unable to identify. It sort of smells like a cinnamon bun. Have you ever noticed that aroma? I would love to plant some at my home.
All the gear, all the time.

Back