• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

omGG wat CPU COoLER???! >.<

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BLOB

My Soon to be paRTS:
AMD Athlon XP3200+
Antec P160 case
2x120mm Evercool Aluminum case fans
DFI Ultra Infinity mobo
AMD Athlon xp3200+
Sunbeam Rheostat Fan Controller
(i will not be overclocking but i want everything as quiet as possible)

what heatsink/fan should i geet?? id prefer somthing i could hook up to the sunbeam with to controll the noise level... but what decent hs will fit my mobo without mods? >.<

any help would be veeeery much appreciated.. x__x;;

If you want quiet, you should look into the Zalman heatsinks, or a Thermalright with a Panaflo. Both will suit your needs well. You could go with something cheaper as well.

u might not do no overclocking but i kno u gonna be gamin...and its gonna get hot so i would suggest u get the Thermalright SP-97 w/ a panaflo & some AS5

but will the sp-97 fit the DFI ultra infinity?? someone told me you have to use a neo something?... *confused*

BLOB said:
but will the sp-97 fit the DFI ultra infinity?? someone told me you have to use a neo something?... *confused*

Thermalright issued a neo-plate to clear the motherboard standoff on the dfi NF2 boards. You have to contact thermalright to get it. You can cut a small notch in the standard backplate too.

You might be better off with a thermalright slk-900a or 800a and a smartfan2 or panaflo. They are more convenient since they mount with a clip. They are both 100% compatible with your mobo. If you get the urge to overclock later, they will be up to the task.

ah kool ^^... i think ill go with the sp-97+backplate..and a panaflo... thanks for all the help

wtf???? why get sp97 if not OCing? You can easily get another HSF that will run at stock...pretty much anything.

i wont be overclocking but i'll be gaming alot and that makes the cpu pretty hot right? and the stock on is loud...

Stock sinks are designed to keep the CPU within spec. If you don't want to plop a lot of dough down, just get a decent copper cored heatsink and a quiet fan. No reason to get a hot rod sink if you don't need it.

Voodoo Rufus said:
Stock sinks are designed to keep the CPU within spec. If you don't want to plop a lot of dough down, just get a decent copper cored heatsink and a quiet fan. No reason to get a hot rod sink if you don't need it.
Couldnt have said it better myself :p

Back