• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One-Click for FAH5.00 is here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That worked. Thanks.

Mr. Chambers said:
Start -> Run -> type "services.msc" (without the quotes), then scroll down to "F@H", right-click, and choose "stop". That will stop the service. Or you could edit your client.cfg file to only use 50% of CPU cycles...

Thanks Mr. Chambers! I figured out how to uninstall it too by searching the registry for FAH4Console and then deleteing the FAH key folder. But thanks to you I can now still run it if I want, turn its cycles down and stop it when on battery power.

thanks again!

Rob

Robocoastie said:
Thanks Mr. Chambers! I figured out how to uninstall it too by searching the registry for FAH4Console and then deleteing the FAH key folder. But thanks to you I can now still run it if I want, turn its cycles down and stop it when on battery power.

thanks again!

Rob

Glad to help, personally I don't fold on laptops unless their always plugged in, as you can see, it really kills the battery life! Also some laptops seem to overheat.

Crap, I forgot to update the Ultimate Install sticky... *note to self* I'll take of this asap.

I had the opportunity to borg some stuff yesterday using the One-Click links in this thread but the PC that I was using did not have any decompression programs like Win-Zip to open them...Argh

Oh well.

Back