• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED One click ... two click .. bootable usb install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtreme Barton

seems plenty guides are out there but maybe i slacked on my google search..

tried a couple different ways already and no go ..

i thought i used pendrive long time ago to accomplish this but im not seeing what i need :(

i have -

8gb usb drive
iso of win 7

what i dont have -

anything else to use as of now :D

no cd's ... no dvd's ..etc

^thats gonna be the easiest way.... tho i hate having to install stuff.

So i always use diskpart, and make the partition on the flash drive active, then copy the contents of the win 7 iso over to the flash drive.

i have -

8gb usb drive
iso of win 7

what i dont have -

anything else to use as of now :D

no cd's ... no dvd's ..etc

Then:

Connect your USB Flash drive then type this in Windows 7/Vista DOS [Windows XP DOS cannot be used for this]:

• diskpart
• list disk
• select disk #
[of USB Flash drive]
• clean
• create partition primary
• select partition 1
• active
• format fs=NTFS quick
• assign
• exit

Now copy all contents of Windows 7 ISO to the USB Flash drive, then reboot and hold F8 (on most systems) to get a boot selection menu from which you can choose to boot from the newly created USB Flash Drive.

Optionally, delete autorun.inf (because autorun.inf files are now routinely intercepted by antivirus software.)

finally back .. man .. well my flash drive took a dump... so i used my back-up and the original steps i tried worked just fine ...

sorry for the fa;se alarm

Back