• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Only 1 NIC showing up.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmdixon85

Got a strange problem I can't seem to figure out.

I have just changed the motherboard in my fileserver to a ASUS P5Q Deluxe.

The main reason I bothered to change the board was because it has two LAN ports that can be teamed together in software so I don't require a smart switch.

The NIC's are Marvell 88E8056

Problem is only one port shows up in device manager. :bang head

Both NIC's are enabled in the BIOS and they are no unknown devices in device manager.

Using the drivers from the Asus website doesn't even give teaming as an option but using the drivers directly from Marvell do. But of cause I can't team as only one NIC shows up :(

I've no idea what the problem is :confused:

My server is running Windows Server 2012.

Would you be able to boot another operating system (such as a Linux live disk) to see if the network devices are being detected? Have you tried a CMOS reset? Do both ports show activity lights when a cable is plugged in?

Thanks for the suggestions thideras, I will try them tomorrow when I get back home and I will try booting into the latest Linux Mint.

I can't be 100% sure but I think when I tried the top LAN port no activity lights came on.

Tried all of the above and also updated the BIOS to no avail.

Looks look may board may have a fault. After a quick search it's looks like I'm not the only one with this problem and most people solved it with an RMA.

Will have to invest in a dual LAN PCIe card instead...

Back