• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions on Side Radiators - Enthoo Primo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mark617

If you scroll down to like the fourth or fifth picture, you can see he has intake fans on the side - http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18560177

What about a 240 rad there? I was going to add a 240 ST30 there in push pull. Had a few reservations though. The fans on the inside of the case would be about 10mm from my Monsta 480, would that cause any kind of issue / interfrence? My goal is silence, and I figure throwing in a small rad there would only help with that, running Helix 120s @ 600 or so RPMs. I have an XT45 480 on the top in addition to the Monsta 480 in the bottom (both PP). Currently, only cooling a 4690k and a single G1 970. I realize it is overkill, but going for silence and a moderate to high OC.

Also, it seems that there are two schools of thought. One is, front / bottom = intake and top / rear = exhaust. There are so many holes in this case that excess intake will find a place to exit the unit. I was planning on only the rear fan 140mm being exhaust, with the radiators and front all being intakes. Really, the only change I see making would be the top rad as exhaust, but from what I have read, sending the coldest air possible over the rads is ideal, although by doing so I will sacrifice slightly higher internal case temps. Thoughts?

Thank you!

I've seen systems running 2 480 rads cooling a cpu and tri-SLI and still silent and temps very cool. I don't see the need personally for another rad in your system.

I've seen systems running 2 480 rads cooling a cpu and tri-SLI and still silent and temps very cool. I don't see the need personally for another rad in your system.

I agree.

OP, you're already hitting diminishing returns. You could and should run your fans at the lowest speeds and get great temps, even adding another GPU say to the mix.

Seriously... that is a TON of rad for your mere ~235W you need to dissipate. Turn your fans down if you want silence as there is a TON of headroom there.

Back