• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Orange Light in Motherboard ! HELP!!! After changing Overclocking Settings !!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

einzerox

Registered
I was trying to overclock my computer so I changed the FSB to 1333 and the memory ratio to 5:4 and I left the voltages on auto..and I saved all the setting but after my computer starts sending an annoying sound..the light of the motherboard is in orange so I tried to remove the battery of the motherboard and nothing happen...what could be the problem..? what can I do to fix this ? thanks

Unplug the psu from wall
Remove cmos battery from mobo
Clear cmos via jumper on the mobo ( refer to the manual for this)

You might have to let it sit that way for a while (20 minutes-1/2 hour or so)

Just do that and while you're waiting, go watch tv or something and relax. :)

Unplug the computer , turn the switch on the PSU off , pull the battery out
for 10 min , put the battery back in , plug computer back into wall , turn on
switch on psu , fire it up.

thank you so much ..I really apreciate your answers.. I did what you told ...I just waiting for the 20 minutes.. I have a question..do you think using the reset button will be useful ? Thanks

dont count on that happening... many people have alot of issues hiting just 3ghz on a NV600 series board. you will prolly need to use about 1.5v or higher to just get 3ghz. this is with just about maxing out the NB votlage as well.

dont count on that happening... many people have alot of issues hiting just 3ghz on a NV600 series board. you will prolly need to use about 1.5v or higher to just get 3ghz. this is with just about maxing out the NB votlage as well.

Sometimes I dont know what to belive..some people have told me that i can easily hit 3.0 or 3.2 !! who do i believe?

you should believe us... this is ocforums... we know all

For overclocking your chip. Every chip is different. You need to do it step by step. You cannot just jump from 2.4 to 3. Try going 2.6 then stressing it then 2.8 and stressing it for stability. You must adjust voltages in small increments accordingly.

That motherboard also is not the best for overclocking quads. so it will be rough.

Sometimes I dont know what to belive..some people have told me that i can easily hit 3.0 or 3.2 !! who do i believe?
if this were a dual core i would say yes chances are very high of hitting 3.2ghz. with a quad those chances go down lot. im not going to tell you who to believe but i have helped alot of people here asking for the same help. a quad on NV600 board, people with a EVGA or NV reference board. have a higher change of ocing a quad then those with a Asus or Abit 600 board. then depending on which version of the 600 board. such as the RVGA 680i A1 or T1 board, the T1 would oc quads better then the A1 board. then you really didnt want to be stuck with a AR/TR since those really had issues when oced even with dual cores.

im not asking you to belive me, im just saying what i have seen here on this forum.

For overclocking your chip. Every chip is different. You need to do it step by step. You cannot just jump from 2.4 to 3. Try going 2.6 then stressing it then 2.8 and stressing it for stability. You must adjust voltages in small increments accordingly.

That motherboard also is not the best for overclocking quads. so it will be rough.
while every chip is different the biggest problem atm is the board not the cpu...

you should believe us... this is ocforums... we know all

ok thank you for that Advice ...so to 2.6 what would be the configuration ?

since this board seems to be for dell and the bios is prolly different the say a EVGA/XFX/BFG board. i would ask you to post up or take a pic of the bios screens for us.

Back