• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

over clocking amd athlon 2800+ and epox 8rda3+ mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am on the phone with a guy right now with a guy wanting to buy a new P4 MB for a celery proc:screwy: For less money he can go 740 G, 2Gigs Ram and 4850!!! I am working him right now.

Maybe he will pay me!!! Wait he already oues me his left arm:)

lol you dawg you. and @ r7 and cavinman, I agree with you on the new mobo, cpu, mem, and vid card deal. You can get ddr2 cheap as hell now and if he got like a 4200+ brizzy, he could easily get it to around 3 ghz.

BF2 = Battlefield 2 and it is not optimized for dual-core.

I completely agree - as I said earlier in this thread, I believe to drop even $100 into a system this old is a total waste when you can do a full upgrade to a mid-low range, dual-core, PCI-E system for under $250 including vid card, proc, mb and memory.

when i 1st built this system i really didn't compromise much. yes i had the 2800+ and not the 3200+, but at $1100 compared to 300 or 400 (i think) it was a justifiable trade off. plus my 2800+ is an unlocked chip. the ram at the time back then..heck couldnt remember, but it wasnt a slouch. burnt my wifes psu up so i gave her my old one and stepped up to the ePower. had the ati 9800 pro and the audigy 2 sound card... no slouching there. that system lasted 7 years and is still kicking! yes it's wrinkley and old...saggy in spots even...but what am i going to do if i gut my case and drop in a new mobo, psu, ram, cpu/heatsink/hsf, vid card, etc...for $$?? then how long will i have that until it's outdated? im not thinking 7 yrs. plus this low-spec setup gives the wifey-poo a direct grip on the cojones for a $250 upgrade??? no way..gotta go for the $2000 upgrade if im gonna sell my soul to her!! lmao!

I do agree this system needs to be mothballed asap, but if i can make it to these upcoming holidays i'll have an I7 computer, and really...$100 vidcard would be worth it.

oh and the vidcard is on it's last leg im thinking. reading a vidcard oc spot and might have pushed it a tad too far..starting to have system instabilities in age of conan now...even with the settings turned back to normal...ooops

Last edited:
Back