• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock AMD Athlon II X4 630

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Let's see the SPD tab in CPU-z. Without that we have no way of knowing the stock frequency ratings of the RAM. All the memory tab shows is what the timing and ratio is. What's weird is there is no value for the NB frequency.

Have you done any stress testing or CPU temp monitoring?

What is the make and model of your motherboard?

Without stress testing and temp monitoring you will not know if your overclock is stable.

What are you cooling the CPU with? An OEM cooler or aftermarket (make and model?)?

Let's see the SPD tab in CPU-z. Without that we have no way of knowing the stock frequency ratings of the RAM. All the memory tab shows is what the timing and ratio is. What's weird is there is no value for the NB frequency.

Have you done any stress testing or CPU temp monitoring?

What is the make and model of your motherboard?

Without stress testing and temp monitoring you will not know if your overclock is stable.

What are you cooling the CPU with? An OEM cooler or aftermarket (make and model?)?

Stress test with cpu-z, max temperature was 55.
Be quiet, Idk exact model but is really good.
Motherboard asus m4a785-m

mem.png

mem2.png

What frequency is your RAM running at in your overclock? The from the SPD tab we can see it is rated for 1333 mhz (667x2 for DDR). Normally, the current frequency will be displayed in the Northbridge report of the CPU-z tab "Memory". But your's is grayed out for some reason. Never seen that before. What does the bios itself say your RAM frequency is now running at? You increased the FSB from 200 to 230 which would increase RAM frequency as well. Did you start the RAM at a slower speed to compensate for the increase in FSB or did you start it at the stock 1333 mhz? If you do not start it lower than it's rated speed when you start overclocking via the FSB then it will become unstable and cause crashes.

You did not answer my other questions about the cooler and the motherboard make and model. Do you know this information?

Can you attach a pic of the CPU-z tab "Motherboard". That will answer one of those questions.

It looks like you have two sticks of ram put them in slots 2 and 4 from the CPU

I told you model for motherboard. Isnt stock cooler, is "be quiet", Idk which model but cooler is perfect good.

I didnt touch anything about ram. Speccy told they work on 667 aka 1333

Yeah 2 sticks of ram, isnt better for them work in dual core?

Yep you did. Sorry, I missed that.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

If that 55c temp is the CPU core temp then your are already at the limit of your overclock. If it is socket temp, you have some more room for overclock.

Would you mind having HWMonitor open while running a 30 minute stress test and then attaching a pic of HWMonitor before closing it? With a good cooler you shouldn't be getting core temps that high at your present level of overclock and CPU voltage.

That CPU should overclock to around 3.5 ghz without much problem with good aftermarket cooling and a decent motherboard. But your motherboard may be holding you back as it has no heat sinks on the VRM section.

Last edited:
I think I will stay on 3.5 for now.
Now ram. When I change anything a out ram, my pc crash xD

Yeah 2 sticks of ram, isnt better for them work in dual core?

I guess they are, the first CPUz you posted showed them in single channel. What's weird is that when I go to the ASUS site it says the mobo only accepts DDR2. Is that the exact model name?

I changed ram slots after first post. Now they are in dual

Okay, so it is actually a different motherboard than you said at first.

Did you build this system yourself?

No idea really, it also doesn't show RAM speed. Maybe CPUz and that board aren't talking to each other very well.

No, I bought this pc for 20€ xD
Only my graphic card..

Back