• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock AMD fx 8320

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gameru

Registered
Hello ! I need some advice.I have a FX 8320 processor and Asus Sabertooth 990FX motherboard R2.0.
My target is 4,2GHz
I use the following settings
CPU LLC - Ultra High
CPU/NB - High
CPU Current Capability - 130%
CPU/NB Current Capability - 130%
CPU Powe Phase Control - Extreme
Cpu Voltage - 1,381
Cpu VDDA Voltage -2.6250
C&N,C1E,SVM,C6,HPC,AMP- Disabled
Multiplier -21
CPU/NB Frequency -2200 default
HT Lin Speed - 2600 default
RAM Profile -DOCP -OC Profile tu run the 1600 MHz (Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9)
Problem - i run 30 tests in Intel Burn Test and it goes smoothly,in Prime 95 after 3 hours freezes

You should be close. Let us get on the same page and get a glance inside the case from long distance.

This is what we need to see for sure and a real good starting point.

Normally during setup and testing we disable C1/E, C6, Cool N Quiet, APC, TurboCore and in windows performance manager itself we set to "performance" mode. That way there are not "other" settings messing with the overclocking process. Some of those settings are not available on all models of cpu but where in evidence we disable for setup of overclock process.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU CORE TEMPS / "package" temps fully visible. Latest versions of HWMonitor show the CPU Core Temp as " a Package Temp" and is only shown as a single temp since there were never multple, individual core temp sensors anyway.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open and running on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of INDIVIDUAL images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

Current temperature on load - CPU Core 54 degrees.My cooler is Noctua d14
I increased voltage and 1.4 freezes in Prime 95,in Intel Burn Test i have no problem
My ram is Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9,I set Ai overclock tuner to DOCP and OC Profile and i run 1600 MHz. 9-9-9-24 Voltage 1,5
http://www.corsair.com/en/vengeance-low-profile-8gb-dual-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cml8gx3m2a1600c9

Question is what setting use to make stable (4,2 GHz) in prime95
I tried on a motherboard Gigabyte 990fxa ud5 with the following settings
Vcore - 1,380
Cpu Vcore +0,025
LLC - Ultra High
CPU PLL - 2,695
And run 32 hours in Prime 95 no problems
But with Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 i do not know what setting use to make stable in prime 95

RAM Profile -DOCP -OC Profile tu run the 1600 MHz (Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9)

Some ram cannot run that sort of profiling. Manual speed set and timings and set ram voltage also by manual.
RGone...

That takes some tinkering I would suggest going back to defaults. The DOCP can do some weird things at times. Turn off all the green stuff like C1E C6 APM Cool$ Quiet Turbo and EPU if you have it. Then start by just raising the multi at stock volts on auto and see where thast gets you. Then post up the pics you were asked for by RGone and we'll have a look at what's going on.

In the first picture I put everything on auto,and freezes after 20minutes
ai overclock tuner - auto
Multiplier -21
Memory ram speed 1333MHz
Turbo core -disabled
CPU LLC -auto
CPU/NB LLC - auto
CPU Voltage -auto

In the second picture i walked only to LLC and i put Ultra High,and is freezes

Sorry for my english

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    307.4 KB · Views: 2,677
  • IMG_16802.jpg
    IMG_16802.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,659
OK so I have to ask if it was stable at 4.1? Or did you even test it thaere at stock? Find a multi that will aloow you to run P95 blend for 20 minutes so we get an idea of your temps. Also in the future we need to see your memory and SPD tabs from CPU-z along with the other pics.

I managed to make it stable for 16 hours in Prime 95 with setting from the pictures,then frozen and Coretemp, AIDA64 had been made black

Attachments

• IMG_1683.jpg
    IMG_1683.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 2,683
  • IMG_1686.jpg
    IMG_1686.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 2,611
  • IMG_1685.jpg
    IMG_1685.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 2,735
  • IMG_1684.jpg
    IMG_1684.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 2,634
  • IMG_1687.jpg
    IMG_1687.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 2,593
  • IMG_1688.jpg
    IMG_1688.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 2,581
  • IMG_1689.jpg
    IMG_1689.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 2,594
Pictures with memory and SPD

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    295.5 KB · Views: 2,570
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    293.7 KB · Views: 2,583
Well temps and everything look OK , in the BIOS I don't think you really needed to take CPU VDDA off of auto and HPC should be enabled. I would also set the DRam voltage manually to 1.5-1.55v. Is there something in particular you want to know??

MR. Johanski said:
I don't think you really needed to take CPU VDDA off of auto and HPC should be enabled. I would also set the DRam voltage manually to 1.5-1.55v

Yes and amen.
RGone...ster.

Thanks for answers but currently i can not play with overclock,because i ll be gone for 3 weeks.When I get back I hope to make it stable

If you ran 16 hrs of Prime 95 blend then you're already stable but make sure you're using the blend torture test. If I read that again are you saying that Aida64 turns the screen black??

Yes i use blend torture,torture programs-Aida64, Coretem,Cpuid HW where black and image frozen,I gave restart to recover

Try setting you CPU_NB voltage to 1.25v. See if that helps the issue

Greeting! I tried CPU NB V 1.25 and unfortunately not helping.
I have a problem i have not met her beafore,with the above settings (that we managed to make it stable in Prime 95 27.9 )the second time when i run the test froze after an hour.
Has anyone encountered this problem?Then I increased CPU VDDA Voltage and was stable 6 hours,next day i repet test again and fail after 25 min

Is it possible you're getting too warm, what are your temps like now? Things have warmed up here quite a bit over the last month. With more heat in the air the CPU might just need a bit more voltage that's quite normal.

Temp on core max 52 degrees.Too bad I can not find someone which has the same motherboard and cpu to copy settings bios to see if is stable

Temp on core max 52 degrees.Too bad I can not find someone which has the same motherboard and cpu to copy settings bios to see if is stable

That very seldom ever works Gameru, there are too many variables and the CPU is the biggest one. Over the last month has the ambient temp in your room gone up maybe 5° or so??

In the room increased with 2-3 degrees.I think will limit to Intel Burn Test and AOD,because I have no problem with them.

Back