• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclock freeze.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
But... is it then that i need more Fans? or another cooler? :)

Both. A better cooler will not help much if you aren't exhausting the hot air from the case sufficiently because you are forcing the cooler to use hot air to cool the CPU. A CPU cooler is just a heat exchanger. And the best case ventilation in the world will not make up for an inadequate cooler. You need both.

If the heat sink is clogged with dust it would reduce the cooling efficiency. Unless you live in a very dusty environment or one with a lot of pet hair this would not happen in a short amount of time. How long have you had the PC? In order to check this issue you would need to open the case but your reluctance to open the case because of warranty issues has you handcuffed. There isn't a lot else we can help you with under the circumstances. Most of us who participate on the forum buy the individual parts and assemble the system ourselves. That way we have total control of what parts are used and are not at the mercy of other people that may or may not know what they are doing or may or may not be trustworthy. We all started on this journey at some point not knowing a lot but being willing to learn. We all made some mistakes along the way but learned from our mistakes. But we all had something else in common as well and that is we were willing to push through our fears and step outside of our comfort zone.

By the way, I believe you can reset your bios to default values by pressing a key, usually it's the F5 key I think.

What is your CPU vcore currently set to? If it's too high that will cause high temps.

Please post pics of these three CPU-z tabs: CPU, Memory and SPD. Download and install CPU-z if you have not and then post back with those pics attached.

By the way, it's time you created a "Sig" so that your system components show up at the bottom of every post you make. This helps those helping you as it gives them a lot of information at a glance without having to sift back through a long thread. This is a common forum courtesy.

To create a Sig, click on Quick Links at the top of the page and then click on Create Signature. We like to see information about these components: CPU, CPU cooler make and model, RAM make and speed and amount, motherboard make and model, PSU make and wattage, video card make and model and last but not least, case make and model and information about the case fans (number of intake fans and exhaust fans and their sized, like 120 mm, 140 mm, 200 mm, etc.). Most of t hat you have already listed in your first post so just import it to your Sig.

Well.. i live in a house with 5 cats and a dog.. could that be a problem? and also i bought the computer used, but the guy i bought it from didnt know really much about PC only that he had played World of warcraft once, the pc is abit over a year old. :) and i can open the case just i dont break anything or replace something there makes somthing to explode or damage.

Well then, take the side panel off the case and visually inspect the CPU heat sink for clogging by dust and pet hair.

The problem is that Air spray do cost like 15$ or more for one little Air spray.. becouse i live in denmark in the middel of nowhere ._.

Do you have a neighbor with an air compressor? That works the best. One tip, though. If you use compressed air to clean a PC, make sure you stop the fans from turning with your finger or a pencil or something. Compressed air makes them spin super fast and can ruin the bearings of the fans.

Another approach is to take vacuum cleaner and extract the dust/pet hairs with suction. You can also supplement that with a toothbrush.

Did you take the side panel off? Does the heatsink even need cleaning?

And where's that Sig? Also, you might include your geographic location in your user profile so that it appears below your name. This really helps when people are recommending upgrade parts. That way they have a better idea of what may be available to you as availability of components varies greatly from one part of the world to another.

May I ask how old your are? You seem timid like I would expect from a teenager who has not had much experience with tinkering.

Now i just having a new problem... the computer is freezing randomly and now i cannot see the screen, no keyboard effect, no mouse effect.. i can only hear the sound of the pc is turned on...

Btw im using a old PC to write this on...

And i cleaned my PC from dust and hair wasnt that much in it, and it made not a big diffent to gaming.. only that games randomly shutdown when just being in the main menu... im still writing this becouse my main computer is keep freezing...

I don't know if raidmax has improved but I had issues with a raidmax with the dual 12v rails trying to sli a pair of 9800GT's. the split rails couldn't handle the power draw and my cards would crash the computer. Changed to the corsair with one rail and no problems after that. I blew the dust off it recently and put it into the HTPC and it's working fine. That being said I'm not trying to power a bulldozer with it.
I'd put my lunch money on the line it's a lack of consistent power.

So.. the power supply isnt powering the Bulldozer? Should i get another CPU then? or what?

Money would be better spent getting a new PSU is what Johan45 is suggesting, I believe. Antec, Corsair and Seasonic are considered to be the best PSU makers on a consistent model to model basis.

soo... i should get the following things:
New PSU 700+ Watt?
120 mm fans? how many?
Another CPU that do not need that much Power from the PSU?
Some more air spray, becouse i live in a room with 3 cats and 1 dog..?

Don't scrap your CPU. You have a powerful CPU. It's the supporting cast that's lacking. And with only one video card you do not need a 700W PSU. The wattage rating of your current PSU is not the problem, it's the lack of quality of the build. A 550W quality PSU would be plenty.

What you also need is a better CPU cooler (you seem to be ignoring me on that one) and if you want to overclock you need a better motherboard. More fans in the case would help too.

Don't scrap your CPU. You have a powerful CPU. It's the supporting cast that's lacking. And with only one video card you do not need a 700W PSU. The wattage rating of your current PSU is not the problem, it's the lack of quality of the build. A 550W quality PSU would be plenty.

What you also need is a better CPU cooler (you seem to be ignoring me on that one) and if you want to overclock you need a better motherboard. More fans in the case would help too.
+1

Back