• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclock fx 4100 help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your package temp is still sort of okay but your socket temp (CPUTIN) is really at the end of the road. Yep, you need an aftermarket cooler to go any further. To confirm stability at your current settings, run the Prime95 blend test for at least 2 hr.

Get something other than a stock cpu cooler.

yeah i think its time to finnaly break and buy one. any affordable suggestions. and is it safe to run my system at 4ghz or should i take it back down to stock

If the 20x200 = 4.0Ghz will n0t run for 2 hours P95 Blend stable, then I would probably drop to 19.5 x 200.

What computer case you have determines what HSF assembly you might use for cooling.

The Antec 900 is a wide case and will provide sufficient clearance for any air cooler on the market. A sure bet if bucks are tight is the Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus for around $35 US. If your wallet is fatter, go with the Noctua D14 for around $80, arguably one of the most effective air coolers available.

One other question that needs to be answered before you buy any cooler is the height of your ram. If the ram has a tall heat sinks then there might not be enough clearance between CPU cooler and ram if you go with the Noctua.

The Antec 900 is a wide case and will provide sufficient clearance for any air cooler on the market. A sure bet if bucks are tight is the Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus for around $35 US. If your wallet is fatter, go with the Noctua D14 for around $80, arguably one of the most effective air coolers available.

One other question that needs to be answered before you buy any cooler is the height of your ram. If the ram has a tall heat sinks then there might not be enough clearance between CPU cooler and ram if you go with the Noctua.

Update: got it to over clock stable at 4hz on stock fan. ran prime 95 for four hours maxed out at 59. just put the multiplier to 20.5, and put nb to 2200. and i also took your advice and ordered the 212 evo. thanks for your help

Back