• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with my FX-8320 Overclock 4.3GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Saber707

Registered
Someone please help

Specs:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: AMD FX-8320 [OC to 4.3GHz]
RAM: Patriot Blue Signature Line 16GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
GPU: 4GB GAINWARD GeForce GTX 690
Storage: 465GB Seagate HDD, 232GB Western Digital HDD, 1T Seagate HDD
PSU: Thermaltake toughpower 850W

Attachments

• e6d448b3bb5785d397b1a0b32f344255.png
    e6d448b3bb5785d397b1a0b32f344255.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 702
Throttling are all power savings off, turbo core and similar functions? If they are try to bump up vcore a bit if that dose not help follow one of the guides step by step.
Plus that mobo isnt the greatest it might cause you problems

Oh get rid of those doggy chips...get one of the 9590s just phenomenal chip this one...D14 holding it at 5ghz at only 1.46-1.47v doing passes at 57c with mx4 sick man.

Oh get rid of those doggy chips...get one of the 9590s just phenomenal chip this one...D14 holding it at 5ghz at only 1.46-1.47v doing passes at 57c with mx4 sick man.
Oh yeah RJ88 that's very useful info. :facepalm:

Oh yeah RJ88 that's very useful info. :facepalm:

I'm telling ya man...that one I had was garbage...ran hotttt and vcore eater, and rad spill burnt out the Ethernet controller that ic I guess...put in one of those pcie cards lol

More often then not so are the 9590s more so than the lower binned chips. Consider yourself lucky with your sample. We have had many threads here with unstable 9590s

More often then not so are the 9590s more so than the lower binned chips. Consider yourself lucky with your sample. We have had many threads here with unstable 9590s

well alittle more playing around still more like 1.5v but still doing 5...that's a lot more manageable than 1.6v.....still kinda hot wanting to outpass the d14 though right at 62c and wanting to go over....

- - - Updated - - -

I just need to get another pump again block do something...that id pump lasted about a week at 19v then started roarrrring and it smelllled burnt man lol

RJ88 if you're going to make that suggestion at least suggest that he also upgrade his board and cooling (which is still an unknown). Just suggesting a CPU upgrade to a 220W CPU without suggesting the increased cooling capacity can only cause further confusion and complications.

My 8320 was doing 5.1GHz with 1.5v on water so... Not the best suggestion here RJ88, as many above have already noted.

My 8320 was doing 5.1GHz with 1.5v on water so... Not the best suggestion here RJ88, as many above have already noted.

A better one or that board. it looks a lot more like bin lotto sure would do more but I can't cool it enough to try right now.

That other one was old too though..restored and even a little better threaded same clocks, telling ya good chip man.

Bottom line here is the OP is asking for help with what they have, suggesting one gets a new chip isn't relative to the original post.

RJ88 if you're going to make that suggestion at least suggest that he also upgrade his board and cooling (which is still an unknown). Just suggesting a CPU upgrade to a 220W CPU without suggesting the increased cooling capacity can only cause further confusion and complications.
Are you trying to tell me that purchasing a model that almost universally runs hotter and has more stability issues is NOT the best way to increase performance?

Bottom line here is the OP is asking for help with what they have, suggesting one gets a new chip isn't relative to the original post.

Not at all just saying, that other one wasn't real big on trying to run some faster ram either....this one seems like the monster at it man and responding well to that.

Not at all just saying, that other one wasn't real big on trying to run some faster ram either....this one seems like the monster at it man and responding well to that.

What exactly are you talking about? Every time you post something, it's a confusing garbled mess which no one can decipher much less make sense of.

Plz stop posting until you can figure out what you're going to post is conducive/helpful to the original OP's thread.

Are you trying to tell me that purchasing a model that almost universally runs hotter and has more stability issues is NOT the best way to increase performance?

rock stabile man so far..telling ya that one ran hottterrr when it was up there just no matter what pretty much.

What exactly are you talking about? Every time you post something, it's a confusing garbled mess which no one can decipher much less make sense of.

Plz stop posting until you can figure out what you're going to post is conducive/helpful to the original OP's thread.

I don't know man playing around lol, oh it's conductive should be easy to hit, at about at where the wall starts with voltage/heat if it's like that other one.

Haha. I have to admit I didn't catch the sarcasm at first. I'm glad I wasn't able to post earlier.

Back