• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
D4NTE, have you done any research to get an idea what you can expect as an overclock of this CPU?

well i have done a research but all i found is about overclocking brisbrane one.

According to his revison code ending in F2, it should be a Windsor core with a default voltage of 1.3 or 1.35 volts. That old core was pretty hardy and way back then saw a lot of them with 1.475 Vcore running regularly. BUT the temperatures had to be managed by a good cpu cooler.

I think you will achieve better results if you use a smaller CPU multiplier(multi is not locked downwards), try a few a few different steps downmulti while keeping the HT close to or below 1000MHz. The RAM is also able to take a bit of overclock, but do not try to overclock them CPU and RAM at the same time when doing the trials. After you found a stable peak for the processor you can try a bit OC on the RAM. A couple of samples :

Vcore up a couple of notch from stock ~ 1,4V

multi 12x
FSB 250
ht 4x

FSB : DRAM = CPU/7 or CPU/8

VDIMM up 1 or two notch if you want try /7 .

---------------

Multi 10x
FSB 300
HT 3x

Back