• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocked FX-53 faster than future FX-55?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

avesta

do you think an overclocked FX-53 on socket 939 will be faster than the new fx-55 (at stock speed) to come? I know the FX-55 hasnt been released yet or been benchmarked yet, but i wanna know so that I can decide to buy my new system now and oc the FX-53. If the new platforms are supposed to be a lot faster, then I might hold off on buying the new system.

p.s. by overclocked i mean with basic simple cooling nothing too complicated.

Yeah, but that's about it. They're the exact same thing, just at different speeds. You'd get plenty of headroom out of either. Personally, I'd just go with the FX53. They seem to get close to 2.7GHz on air, which is 100MHz above what the FX55 would be. But at that point, it just gets too fast to notice any difference anyways.

acutally, with the newest generation of cards benchmarks are showing cpu bottlenecks. I actually saw a benchmark that showed a p4 at 3.6 bottlenecking the newer cards.

but of course even bottlenecked these cards are generating frames faster than a moniter can display

Will we be graphics bottlenecked with coming games like hl2 and doom3? or will we be cpu bottlenecked?

Thing is if you have the money now - sure go for it (FX53) but if you are saving up you may as well wait because the FX55 will be released at exactly the same price as the FX53 was (unless you buy a refurb that is).

Back