• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocked FX-6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looking at your SS your package temp hit a high of 66c. We generally want to keep that under 62c. If it were mine I'd say that's a good overclock for 24/7 use. If you wanted to keep playing you could start dropping your CPUv 1 bump at a time and re-run prime to see if it will pass. If you can get the same OC at lower volts you might extend the life of that CPU a little and lower the temps at the same time.

I knew someone was going to say something about the 66c lol , I was watching that like a hawk , and I got that at the beginning of the test, it wasn't like that all the time

Yep no worries. For some reason you get little spikes like that. What was it sitting at for most of it?

What cpu speed are you running there Rodger? Looks good though you're about as high as you want to be on the package temp.

4.6 is a good Oc for daily usage, you're likely not going to notice any difference other then when benching if you push it higher. You may want to try getting the Nb Frequency up to 2600 now, that will give you a slight boost in performance also. The same theory applies, raise the Nb frequency applies, raise it to 2200 test with prime blend if it fails raise the Cpu Nb voltage rinse and repeat. Note that raising the Cpu Nb Voltage will add heat so if the temps get way above 62c you may want to not push it any further.

I never raised anything but the CPU Muti, I don't know anything with the Ram or anything else lol

but im sure if I did I would have to kick the CPU down and then do everything , cause right now im

Maxed out for heat and volts , if I push this anymore I would have issues

unless I did clock my CPU to 4.3 and raise other things , if that makes sense lol

unless I did clock my CPU to 4.3 and raise other things , if that makes sense lol
Yes that makes sense, try raising the Nb Frequency to 2200 and run prime it should be able to run there without and additional volts.

Make sure to take the HT voltage and CPU/NB voltage off of auto. If you increase the speeds on them, AUTO will increase the voltage for you thus making more heat than necessary.
Congratulations, you are now in the fine tuning stages. :)

Fine tuning sound like fun and a lot of work , but im willing to give it a try

That's the nitty-gritty of things roger. If you plan on doing more benchmarks, tinkering is a must and a good skill to have.

ok what should I set the HT at and cpu/nb voltage

Usually CPU NB voltage is set at 1.1v stock and HT voltage is 1.2v. Better start with one thing at a time. Start with the CPU NB, set it at 1.2v and bump the freq a notch. When you're finished tweaking the CPU_NB then move onto HT link. One step at a time so that if you get errors, you know what probably caused it.

For the 1866 ram I'd be inclined to go 1.25v for CPU_NB if you're bumping it to 2400.

I have the ram at 2200 at stock voltage right now. Here is a screen shot is this what I need to bump up to 120-125?

dscn0357.jpg

Roger, can you start hosting your pics here instead of third party sites. The raptor pit is giving me problems. If you just click on the image icon you can upload here.

Back