• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers.com Rosetta Team - March Event 2011 - Status Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, I think I'll just save all the draws till the end. By my count we should have 2 $50 prizes from July 1st and 15th, plus a $100 prize for hitting 15th place. Yeeee-haw!
I'd give one away for beating UK Boinc Team to 15th place since technically that was one of the contest goals, but they didn't put up much of a fight. In fact they kind of dropped of the map. :(
Kind of like the Knights who say Ni... Boo them.

Yep, we are less than 500,000 credits behind the 15th place team right now and rapidly closing on them. :cool:

We're at less than 250,000 credits behind now. With the "March" Event coming to a close, it's time to get back to Folding for Team 32. We've lost some serious folding power to the summer heat.

You Rock Molnarc! Your contribution has been huge, and much appreciated!

CONGRATS EVERYONE!

Well, we Did it! We're in 15th place!
Thank you to everyone who contributed!
I'm going to be compiling the final numbers today and posting them later, as well as the results of the final draws.
Helluva Job Everyone!

Thats great. Wtf everybody. Sorry i have been off the map lately. Summer has been brutal plus now i am moving into a new house my wife and i just bought. Once we get settled down i will get all my rigs back up and running rosetta again. Again congrats guys. Great job!!!!

Way to go everyone!!!!:grouphug:

I just got home and found one rig hung up, probably due to the freaking power blinking here at the house during one of the daily rainstorms we have been getting.

nice job team. just in time too, I have had to shut down my rigs during the day lately due to the extreme heat we have been getting. won't feel as guilty now that we have met our mark.

Headed out on vacation for another few days. Back on the 5th.
I'll see about getting the final contest numbers posted and draws done when I return.
I'm going to be shutting off my machine while I'm gone, so my production will drop a bit.

Congratulations, everyone! I had my rigs shut off for a week and a half while I went down to watch Atlantis go up on STS-135, and my RAC is coming back up now. Glad we made it!

It seems there may be some sort of problem getting new work units issued?? as most of my rigs have now run out of work so I've switched (short term) to WCG.

It seems there may be some sort of problem getting new work units issued?? as most of my rigs have now run out of work so I've switched (short term) to WCG.

Alright, I guess I am not alone in not having received new work units recently. Hopefully this will be remedied quickly.

Found the following at the Rosetta forums:

Rocco Moretti said:
It's not really an issue about the system failing - it simply that we don't (currently) have jobs that are ready to run right this minute. The running of the jobs on R@h is only one step in the process - it takes a while to figure out what sorts of jobs will give usable scientific results, to set up the jobs, test them to make sure they won't cause a huge failure rate, and then at the end of the runs to process the results to figure out what the next round should do. Usually we have enough things going on that the computational lull in one project will be covered by the compute phase of a different one. We just happen to have hit a point where none of the currently active projects is in an active compute phase. (And doesn't help that we're maximally distant from both the previous and next CASP - as you've probably noticed, activity seems to ramp up before [mad rush to finalize improvements], during, and after [post-analyis] CASP.)

We're aware that the queue is empty - a message has been sent out on the appropriate internal mailing list. While we want to provide you with work units, we don't want to waste your time with scientifically pointless make-work. - It's somewhat trivial to re-run old jobs, but is that worth doing if no one is going to look at the results?

I hesitate to say this, as I don't want it to sound like we're chasing you away(*), but I'd agree with the implicit recommendation stated above to crunch other projects while we have this momentary lull. You can increase your stats on other projects secure in the knowledge that no one will gain on you with Rosetta@home. With any luck, we'll have new jobs for you early next week. (e.g. "We apologize for the inconvenience - Regular service should resume shortly.")

*) We really do appreciate your efforts. Having access to the computational resources of R@h allows us to do things we couldn't do otherwise. Frankly speaking, I was surprised how quickly and easily R@h handled my recent jobs. I would have monopolized our local computational resources, but R@h crunched through it like it was nothing. - It's prompted me to think about possible process improvement experiments that I probably wouldn't have otherwise considered due to the computational cost. (Unfortunately, it's in the very preliminary stages and nowhere near the point where I could actually launch any jobs.)

That was posted yesterday, so it looks like it will be another week or so before they have new work up for us to process.

Ah I was wondering what happened. My average has dropped over 200 points already in less than a week. So it is likely that it will fall below the minimum for the drawings in less than a week longer.

Well, I finally got around to making the final draws for our March Event. In total I have the two $50 bi-weekly draws that were missed and the final draw for the $100 for reaching 15th place.

Our winners are:

Draw #21: Bi-weekly $50 Newegg Gift Certificate - July 1
Grub00
A record of this draw can be found HERE.

Draw #22: Bi-weekly $50 Newegg Gift Certificate - July 15
coop

Draw #23: Final Draw for $100 Newegg Gift Certificate
neonblingbling

Congratulations everyone, and thank you so much for your support!
You will all have PM's in your inbox shortly to tell you how to claim your prize.

And now for a final look at how we did as a team during the contest:

Code:
[SIZE="3"]
[B][COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-18-Feb-11: [COLOR="Lime"]143,265[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Contest Start:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]145,378[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Max Team RAC-Contest:[/COLOR]  [COLOR="Lime"]222,587 [/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Max Team RAC-Increase:[/COLOR][COLOR="Cyan"]79,322[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]RAC Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Cyan"]3rd[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-18-Feb-11:[COLOR="Lime"] 73,704,817[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Contest Start:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]74,115,400[/COLOR]  
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Current:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]105,670,677[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points Crunched:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Cyan"]31,965,860[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Points Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Cyan"]15th[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Updated: [COLOR="Lime"]6-Aug-11 @ 15:43[/COLOR][/COLOR][/b][/size]

That's a whole lot of crunching and a whole lot of science that got done!
Excellent job everybody, Thank you so much!

We all need to pat ourselves on the back. This was my first crunching competition and as far as I'm concerned, we kicked ***. I'm looking forward to the next one.

:grouphug:

:comp:

You kicked *** Son, all the way. And I notice you're still in the top ten even after the contest ended. We need more like you. Thanks for your support!

Back