• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers.com Rosetta Team - March Event 2011 - Status Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wonder if google's considered it. And for that matter if their cooling systems could even handle a genuine 100% load situation.

I wonder if google's considered it. And for that matter if their cooling systems could even handle a genuine 100% load situation.

Rosetta should have a super computing competition invite anyone and everyone with a large number of servers.

More would be crunched in 1 week of that then almost a year if IBM, Google, Microsoft and Apple were to go at it.

Wonder who would win?

None of my systems has had a wu that needed that. Possibly, your OC is just a bit too high.

actually never happens on the 2600k, only the core 2s, one is stock the other is moderately overclocked and years folding stable q6600, they'll just stop using the processor....

Last edited:
Still having to abort units...

Me too, almost every day.

And now, this machine is just leaving WU's in the "Waiting to Run State" after crunching for a few minutes to a few hours. This started after I changed my CPU Target Run Time to 6 hours. I switched it back to default last week, but I'm still leaving WU's partially done. Brutal.

None of my systems has had a wu that needed that. Possibly, your OC is just a bit too high.

My machine is at stock. This 670 is the only processor that has ever given me these issues. Really not sure what the issue is here, nothing I do seems to remedy the problem.

Strange to hear you're having these problems. Do the Baker boys know about it? I'd think they'd want to fix it asap.

Maybe. :D

There's really **** all about it as far as I can tell on the message boards. Not that those message boards have ever been any help in the past. I think reading greek is easier than trying to find any useful information there.
Once I actually find the motivation to do something about it, I will. Just hasn't been something I want to spend my time on.

There's really **** all about it as far as I can tell on the message boards. Not that those message boards have ever been any help in the past. I think reading greek is easier than trying to find any useful information there.
Once I actually find the motivation to do something about it, I will. Just hasn't been something I want to spend my time on.

I can't believe that you have such problems with an Intel setup, Bad!;)

On a more serious note, have you tried a different processor in the board to see if maybe you have a weak IMC on your processor? Or conversely, tried your processor in another mobo to see if it;s the mobo giving you the problem? Because I don't have these problems like you all and I have overclocks on everything but the Mac Mini and my laptop.

Both good questions. Not sure what's up, but this machine is as rock solid as they come for everything except for Rosie. I have upgraded to the latest BIOS (back when I built the machine, but I haven't tried a different CPU or Board in this machine. Everything's shoehorned in there just the way I like it.

Bad, I continue to have the same problems and just can't come up with a solution. Both my AMD processors are rock-solid (like, 20+ hours stable) in Prime95 on Blend, Small FTTs, and In-Place FTTs. Both computers will take everything I throw at them, both have excellent heat dissipation, and the only program that they seem to have a problem with is Rosetta. It's damned frustrating.

I had that too awhile back but it looks like other users were failing them too. I switched to 6hr units and the amount of failed units has decrease. might just be a coincidence.

Boy, we'd better have some draws soon eh?
I'll get on that tomorrow hopefully, the few days after a vacation are always so damn busy. :(

Back