• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers.com Rosetta Team - March Event 2011 - Status Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I don't ignore him, because he's right above me in our list, sorted by RAC. Furthermore, at over 10K RAC, he's going to stay above me.

Well done, Molnarc. :thup:

The reason you missed his number, is that the list was created with proportional font in the image. So his 1M number had the approximate width of a 100,000 range number. One being the skinniest number of them all, in that type of font.

I think I have replaced all I need to since the storm. I should be back online this weekend. I do have one server that might need to stay down for the summer though. That dual Opty 280 sure does create A LOT of heat. Raises my room temp by like 20 degrees. lol
I could use it as a space heater in the winter, but summertime making my A/C work overtime is not a good thing. lol

And after 13 straight days without a stalled core, I have once again dropped 300 points in three days. Son of a whore. I guess I'll try the switch to six-hour units, but I don't think it will make a difference.

I switched to 8 hour wu's a very long time ago. I've never had a stalled core since then. I have had wu's that quit early with the notation "computation error". Usually, they do that early on in the wu though - sometimes within just a few seconds of starting.

IMO, longer work units have better performance from the core and/or client.

Edit:

Wayward_Son goes

Righteous!

crunching Rosetta, at least.

Congratulations on reaching One Million points!! :beer: :beer: :soda: :soda:

Last edited:
Congrats on the million credits W_S. :thup:

And now ya'll will have to watch my smoke. I just upgraded my Mac Mini from a T5600 to a T7600 proc. :D

Maybe now it will get closer to 1000 RAC.

Damn, we are really close to the 100 Million point mark!
I remember back when I first started crunching Rosetta, and Adak was just getting our team off the ground again. We were at 8 Million points! Hehe.
We have come far as a team, and I am very proud. :)

The XtremeSystems and Free-DC teams that we're ranked in the middle of now, were both teams that previously were the #1 Rosetta team in the world.

Free-DC was a very strong team when Rosetta was just starting up. Even with the better hardware of today, they can't match the strength they had previously.

Later, XtremeSystems became the powerhouse team for Rosetta, until their spectacular blow up with Rosetta's boss, and subsequent move to another project. Their current crunchers are weak remnants of the production they had displayed.

Now, it's all about the Czech National Team, and Overclockers.com, regularly dueling for the #1 RAC in Rosetta!

Later, XtremeSystems became the powerhouse team for Rosetta, until their spectacular blow up with Rosetta's boss, and subsequent move to another project. Their current crunchers are weak remnants of the production they had displayed.

I remember this. I think there's still a thread about it over at XS. :) Seemed like they were in to all kinds of questionable stuff, but at the end of the day they were doing stupid amounts of science.

It was odd, somebody called them "cheats" because they used an optimized client (like Lunatics client that everyone uses for SETI), in the Rosetta forum. Dr. Baker refused to say they were not cheats, on the forum. So they left. Weird, but the "Baker boys" are not known for their manners.

Also weird - we have a very small team now in the #2 RAC position on Rosetta. The Microsoft team, with only 18 members, has edged past us, with the considerable help of a "Microsoft Windows Azure" folder name, with a monstrous 204k RAC.

They're behind the #1 Czech team, but ahead of us in RAC, atm.

6/29 Edit:

Microsoft has now moved ahead of the Czech National team, to take the #1 ranking in RAC.

Last edited:
RAC per team member we are rocking the Czech team!

All our d/c teams do that, historically. Now, with the various SR-2 motherboard and high performance GPU projects that several teams have in place, that is changing somewhat.

As productive as we are, we will still need more members to compete with the larger teams, in the future.

Whew! Already the RAC for the Microsoft team has exploded upward. Currently about 65k more than ours.

There is a new king of the hill team in Rosetta - Microsoft. Neither us nor the Czech National team, can keep up with it.

Back