• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking 1055T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GeorgeV90

Hello overclockers, I need your help. I wan to overclock my CPU AMD Phenom II X6 1055T but I can't really understand the whole thing, I have search videos, forums but I'm afraid to do it cause I don't really understand. So please can you help me?

My motherboard is Asus M4A785T-M with the latest BIOS.
My GPU is GeForce GTX 650 and I have 2x 4 GB Ram @1333mhz.

Thanks in advance. :)

It is that bad? Is it worth changing motherboard and OC the CPU, or I should have keep money to buy new comp?

Thanks for the fast reply :)

I agree with ATM. I owned that same motherboard for a time and it has terrible throttling issues. It always seemed like the OC was quite stable, but after a bit of investigation it turned out that the motherboard was throttling the CPU whenever the power draw went up past the 95W limit. So while on the surface it will look as though your getting more out of your CPU it might actually average a lower speed.

The 1055T is actually a pretty capable CPU and when overclocked it can yeild some above average for its time results. However, Im not sure that I would say that spending $120+ for a decent overclockable motherboard to be a necessarily be a worthwhile expense. If you want a little more performance and are interested in learning to overclock then Id say it could be worth it. If all your looking for are noticeable performance gains it might be better to save up some $$ and invest into a new motherboard and CPU combination.

Find a nice deal on a 990FX board and overclock it. After that it will last you a while longer, just get ready for some heat. What cooler do you have? Setting a signature with your pc specs would be very helpful.

It is that bad? Is it worth changing motherboard and OC the CPU, or I should have keep money to buy new comp?

Thanks for the fast reply :)

Which path is better depends on how long it would take for you to get the funds and what your usage of the computer is.

Good morning and thanks for the replies. I use the PC mostly for Gaming. I'm going to stream soon (I have everything settled but I'm waiting fiber to come). My cooler is Zalman CPU Cooler CNPS5X Performa. Bought it 1 month ago cause the stock did terrible sound. I have an SSD 120GB ATA as the master and one 1TB as secondary HD, 2 Screens ( Nvidia GTX650 GPU).
My computer can handle the minimum requirements to play some of the new games coming but I always want to reach top of my parts like I did with my Mobile and rooted with better rom.

Got out of topic but that's all :p.

Thanks again

Right now honestly I don't have in mind to get any upgrade, but if you can tell me some parts to take please do it. I will make a list, save some money and buy them. :D

No it's an intel board and My advice would be to stay away from Asrock and MSI for AMD right now.

If you're searching for a board it's the AM3+ socket you want to look for and a good power section.

Back