• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a 7600gs pcie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enrich

Hey guys I got my old zalman 900cu on it with a new paste and its now at 41*C . Seeing how that is I was wondering what people hit with these cards on an Oc and if it made a good difference in fps.

I got my xfx to run 570/498 with water. there is a voltmod to make these cards go considerably faster. in the 700 range.

Is the memory DDR2 or DDR3? DDR3 overclocks better. It's my perception that the DDR3 version is simply a downclocked GT, but life isn't normally easy like that.

the cores are exactly the same actully, just chery picked of sorts cause they drop the voltage on them to somthing really stupid like 1.1 volts which is just enough for the 400mhz. memory is ddr2, and usually tops out around 980mhz, but if you do some voltage mods who knows what you will get. with good cooling, people were getting their cores up to 1.8volts and stupid high clocks. of course the memory doesnt seem to wanna play nice with that kinda ocing.

Back