• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a AMD FX6100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Srry for question Cam198 but you are anti-forum? :bang head:mad:

If you have stabble at that setting show the settings for forum and for all guys.....

Voltage and all.......and some screens.....

And all is be oke ;):thup:
oh, ok sorry. i had an even better setting configuration for 4.5ghz that the core temps maxxed out at 46c. i need to figure that one out again. and when i do, ill post the settings

I set up a 4.5ghz setting this morning and left prime going while I was at work.
It isn't perfect, but it runs at super low core temps.
SETTINGS:
CPU Ratio: 18
CPU Bus Frequency: 250
CPU NB Frequency 2500
CPU HT Frequency: 2500
Memory Frequency: 1000MHz (I know I've got crappy RAM lol)
CPU Voltage: 1.45
CPU/NB Voltage: 1.55
DRAM Voltage: 1.65

Attachments

• Capture9.PNG
    Capture9.PNG
    71.5 KB · Views: 2,962
Well, did it throw any errors? How long did you Prime it? From the pics it looks like about an hour and a half.

Well, did it throw any errors? How long did you Prime it? From the pics it looks like about an hour and a half.
Each core dropped out at different times. When I got home from work there was only 1 core still active which had been going for over 7 hours.

At least two hours. Many guys insist on 8 hrs. or more but I have not found that necessary.

Your temps don't appear to be the source of instability. They are below the widely quoted 55 C. threshold for instability. It must be some other setting that needs tweaking. How about posting pics of CPU-z tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD". That will tell us loads about your system and its current settings.

Please reread my previous post as I edited it and asked for pics of CPU-z.

Who can give me an answer.....

I have a 2 real little problem....

Look....my pc is stabble in prime with Next setting
Cpu:4.5ghz
fsb:200
Multi:x25
ht:x10 2000mhz
nb:x10 2000mgz
ram:1600mhz Auto Standard Profile1....what is the diferece i kep auto....whatever
cpu vcore:1.435v 1.35v stock
cpu-nb:1.35v 1.2v stock
nb:1.21v 1.45v stock
ht:1.29v 1.21v stock
all cpu feature is disable.....c6 c1 cool&quiet

But when i close pc with shutdown and i open again aero give me fail and pc need restart..... and2....

fsb:250
Multi:x18
ht:x10 2500mhz
nb:x10 2500mgz
ram:1666 mhz Auto Standard Profile1....what is the diferece i kep auto....whatever?
cpu vcore:1.485v 1.35v stock

And now if i go pc to sleep.....and start pc i get bluescreen and pc go restart....

My cpu temperature is good...and i dont have any problem......

I see anotther post...how tell......
-,,You can get 5ghz with 1.45v"
how can i do?

And in the last....

The bios of asrock extream 3....its fail....
i cant desactivate cpu trotling......but this not is a real problem real problem is because this motherboard when use cpu with am3+ LLC its autodisable......

At least two hours. Many guys insist on 8 hrs. or more but I have not found that necessary.

Your temps don't appear to be the source of instability. They are below the widely quoted 55 C. threshold for instability. It must be some other setting that needs tweaking. How about posting pics of CPU-z tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD". That will tell us loads about your system and its current settings.

Here's those screenshots you asked for:

Attachments

• Capture10.PNG
    Capture10.PNG
    22.4 KB · Views: 2,926
  • Capture11.PNG
    Capture11.PNG
    18.3 KB · Views: 2,927
  • Capture12.PNG
    Capture12.PNG
    20.7 KB · Views: 2,924
I have a 2 real little problem....

Look....my pc is stabble in prime with Next setting
fsb:200
Multi:x25
ht:x10 2000mhz
nb:x10 2000mgz
ram:1600mhz Auto Standard Profile1....what is the diferece i kep auto....whatever
cpu vcore:1.435v 1.35v stock

But when i close pc with shutdown and i open again aero give me fail and pc need restart..... and2....

fsb:250
Multi:x18
ht:x10 2500mhz
nb:x10 2500mgz
ram:1666 mhz Auto Standard Profile1....what is the diferece i kep auto....whatever?
cpu vcore:1.485v 1.35v stock

And now if i go pc to sleep.....and start pc i get bluescreen and pc go restart....

My cpu temperature is good...and i dont have any problem......

I see anotther post...how tell......
-,,You can get 5ghz with 1.45v"
how can i do?

And in the last....

The bios of asrock extream 3....its fail....
i cant desactivate cpu trotling......but this not is a real problem real problem is because this motherboard when use cpu with am3+ LLC its autodisable......

What error do you get in your bluescreen? I was getting bluescreens from my graphics card driver crashing, while I was OC'ing.

cam

:)video oc its not a problem bro...only cpu...i change to

fps 225
multi x20
cpu voltage 1.4375
ht x10 2250mhz same as nb....;) now i go with cpu nb frenquency for get more from my ram....
ram is setting to 1600

and rest of settings same of my last post... and its stabble in prime in run and in sleep mode...

Another position...stable.....x19 multi and 242 fsb for 4.6ghz......ram 1600
ht and nb 2400....cpu vcore 1.475 full stabble ^

Hello everyone. I found this thread, Thought I may be able to add to it. I have the fx 6100. Running Asus Sabertooth 990FX Motherboard. I was Finally able to reach 4.5 running stable. 3 hours of OCCT and Hour of LINPACK. Also Played Crysis 2 for a few hours. Looks Great, Runs fine.

I wanted to overclock this CPU just to learn how to do it. Had a overclocker on another forum help me. Dude really knows his stuff, Helped me understand it tons.

I can not stress this enough, I have Antec H2O 920Gefore Liquid Cooling. My temps never reached over 43c while testing my set up. If your running just air cooling, BE CARE FULL!! Always Always keep a eye on your temps.

Second, with overclocking a CPU you run a big risk. You will shorten its life span, Also, you will 99 percent of the time notice NO difference in your computer. Most just do it to see how far they can push the cpu or do it for bragging rights. I will run 4.5 for a few days, then I will set it back to defaults. IMHO, with overclocking your cpu my best advice, DON't DO IT!! If you must, Remember, I tried to warn you this is how I did it.

I have a UEFI BIOS. You will want to install AMD Overdrive, and Ausus AI Suite 2. With Ausus 2 Suite on windows 7 I had to track down the patch so the software would install.

Ok In the tweaker settings In your BIOs Change

AI Overclock tuner - Manual

Ratio - Leave on Auto!!

AMD Turbo Core - Disabled (it will mess with your OC and will make it unstable)

PCIE - Freq - 100 (freq at which the PCIe slot operates, don't want this higher then 100 so lock in at 100 )

Spread Spectrum(s) - Disabled (increases stability on FX cpu's )

CPU/NB Frequency - AUTO

HT Link - AUTO

Goto the Advanced CPU config tab and DISABLE all the power savings etc, Disable the whole list.

Now Open AI Suite 2 You want to find DIGI PLUS VRM Tool.

Set CPU Load Line Calibration to Extreem, Full Blast.

Set CPU Current Capability to Full Blast 140 Percent.

Set the CPU Power Phase Control to Optimized.

Set the CPU/NB Current Capability to 120 Percent.

CPU/NB Load Line Calibration was left alone.

I confirmed these settings by once overclocked to 4.5 I set them all back to default and My CPU Failed.

In amd Overdrive, Start with 18 multiplier, 1.30 Volts, That gets you to 4.1.

Run your stress tests.

Then I Finally Hit 4.5 Ghz. I used a 19.5 Multiplier and Voltage at 1.325.

Hope that helps someone reach 4.5. Stable.

I have NO intention of leaving it this way. I notice NO difference in my computer performance. With Default settings my computer is fine. Runs all the latest games full blast. Thing Screams.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
tym64

how you can run at 4.5ghz only with 1.325vcore?
what is you all voltage and frenquency settings?

how you can run at 4.5ghz only with 1.325vcore?
what is you all voltage and frenquency settings?

How I did it is posted. I THINK it has to do with settings I changed in AI Suite. What I posted is 100 percent how I did it. I changed nothing else.

I am new to overclocking. I simply did it to learn how to do it. Now I will be more than happy to look at any settings you want to tell you what they are set at. Just tell me what you want to know, and where to find the settings.

Now I am NOT gonna leave my machine set this high. So I will go ahead and put it back to overclocked. Leave it that way, Give you guys a few days to ask any questions, Post whatever info you want.

I hope this helps some reach 4.5. IMHO, leaving a computer set this way for prolonged periods of time is pointless. You will never notice a difference in the performance of your computer. That is just my thoughts.

I ran OCCT and LINPACK. Each was run for a hour at a time. I then played crysis on full blast for a couple hours. Stable and runs fine.

After doing some one on one teaching from a guy that has overclocked for many years, I agree with his thoughts on the subject. Push your computer for a couple of hours, Game for a couple of hours, If its stable, It will stay stable.

I did something I DONT recommend to others. Running stock speeds. I set my computer to run at 4.5 with the settings I posted. Its stable its fine. Ran my tests. Love this Asus Sabertooth 990FX Motherboard. Hope this helps others. Best of luck and BE CAREFULL!!! All the credit in the world to a poster by the name of TRIRYAN. Dude taught me so much. Took the time to go one on one with me to explain things. LOL Probably drove him crazy with my silly questions, Props for sticking it out.

I never reached over 45c. Keep in mind I have liquid cooling. Not sure you can reach this speed on stock cooling. Be carefull!!

Attachments

• CPU.png
    CPU.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 2,904
  • overdrive.png
    overdrive.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 2,902
  • 2012-02-22_191332.png
    2012-02-22_191332.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 2,894
Last edited:
I'd have to disagree with you; I can notice a considerable performance boost when it's overclocked from its default 3.3ghz to 4.5ghz.

Back