• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a PhenomII X4 840

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well, 3738 mhz hadn't worked. worker 4 error after ~1h :bang head

Did you add any additional V_core ? If it ran for an hour maybe that's all it needed. Just a bit more "powa"
Your temps are good so you should be able to give it a bit more juice :comp:

yes, moar powah was the key :thup:

prime stable for almost 2 hours.

settings are now: LLC 25%, Vcore 1,5v

lets see how long my cpu and mobo will survive. 6-12 month would be fine :D

Attachments

• 3808_cpuz.JPG
    3808_cpuz.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 3808_hwmon.JPG
    3808_hwmon.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 44
Nice work. I knew you'd get it !! It looks like you're in offset mode for the voltage so it will only bump up like that under load. You can also re activate some of the power saving stupp which will keep cpu usage to a minimum when you're just surfing etc.

thanks a million, johan :ty: and trents, thank you too :thup:

yep, Cool 'n' Quite is enabled already

That's what we're here for Anuran, if you're curious you can monitor your voltages with the HWmonitor and see where they tend to level out for casual use. I wouldn't recommend running it at 1.5 continually 24/7

hmmm.. well.. i have 2 options, i guess

1. i can try to decrease Vcore to 1.4750v or around and see if its still prime stable or
2. go down to 3600mhz and 1.375v

what's recommended for day in day out usage?

Like I said earlier just moitor the volts. The HWmonitors shots you put up show your starting volts to be quite low. You should be fine, even with a few hours of gaming. I'm fairly certain that you're using offset mode in the bios.

yea, that's "Cool 'n' Quite" causing it. see attachment

or do u mean something else? do i have something like an "offset mode"?

Attachments

• 3808_cpuz.JPG
    3808_cpuz.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 3808_hwmon.JPG
    3808_hwmon.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 37
It's a way of setting voltage in the bios. But that looks great, everything dropped like that. Try a quick test with P95 and see if it reacts by propping up the volts to keep it stable.

to be honest, Cool 'n' Quite was enabled already in my last post: Post #22

the Vcore jumps up to 1.520v only whenever its changing from idle to 100% cpu usage. everything else like playing games, watching videos or office stuff, stops between 1.312 to 1.504v. usually ~1.488v

Back