• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a xp 2800+ barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oso_fast

OK. I am a newb at oc...i have never oc in my life...i was wondering if anyone could give me step by step procedures of how to oc...

My system is
Amd Xp 2800+ Barton ( stock heat sink and fan)
Ati Radeon 9600 xt (i enabled the overdrive thing so my core speed is 526)
512 kingston pc 3200 ram
asus a7n8x deluxe
antec sonata with two case fans

i didnt update my bios because i dont know how...right now my fsb is at 166 i think

oh yea when i first put together my computer it reported my fsb at 133 but i just changed it to 166...

ok now i was just wondering if anyone could like give my step by step procedures of how to overclock my cpu to like a 3200 maybe??

oh yea my temps are around 45 idle/55 load
mb temp is 22
vdi card temp is 33

if u need my to post any more info....i will

thanks

First, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

Second, read this, http://www.ocforums.com/vb/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=207088

It is kinda long but well worth it!

Before you get started, you should do something about those temps, those are a little high for stock speeds. Just get some good airflow going in your case, if you have to just take both side panels off and have a boxfan on low blow through it. I bet that will make a difference ;)

Last edited:
hmm i found this program that i didnt even knew i had...its called nvidia system utility...anyways on the fist page it gives me like this slider thing that like lets me adjust my fsb??? should i try it

alright i think i ll try to lower my temps by buying a new heat sink...iv read around and the only thing that im thinking about is a slk900a or a sp-97...i was just wondering which one u guys would recommend...do these heat sinks have fans included?? also i was wondering if anyone knows which is easier to install.

tahnks

Back