• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking AMD A4-6300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dini

Hi im very new to this overclocking stuff but my computer runs 3.7ghz by default and when i bought it it said if i overclock it it can run up to 4.2ghz. So i went into the BIOS and tried changing the value of the 370 number to 400 x my 100 multiplier so 4.0ghz but it wont let me change that number. I tried using AMD OverDrive but every time i change the settings and press apply it just reverses what i changed. Any help?

That CPU has a locked multiplier If I remember correctly. It doesn't have the K at the end. So the only way to OC is by raising the 100 number. This will also raise all the other busses. So try a smal raise first like 105 and see how it goes. yOU MAY HAVE TO DROP YOUR RAM SPEED ETC MAYBE RAISE THE VOLTS A TAD.

That CPU has a locked multiplier If I remember correctly. It doesn't have the K at the end. So the only way to OC is by raising the 100 number. This will also raise all the other busses. So try a smal raise first like 105 and see how it goes. yOU MAY HAVE TO DROP YOUR RAM SPEED ETC MAYBE RAISE THE VOLTS A TAD.
:D Sorry I had to!

The 100 number is locked aswell. I dont know how to make it so i can access it.

The multiplier is locked too. Is there any way to unlock it?

Back