• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Amd Fx-6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
37C under load?

I would just start walking the CPU multi up until it fails Prime95.

xgjengen, just an FYI the Fx processor temperature sensors are inaccurate below 40c under load. The reality is under ambient cooling the temperature cannot be below ambient air temperatures.

So basicly that is all i need to change to do the overclocking ? And should i go up or down on it ?

SO what you are saying Mandrake is that my CPU temp should be higher ? :D

SO what you are saying Mandrake is that my CPU temp should be higher ? :D

No what he is saying is that the cpu cannot, does not and was never intended to give off accurate temp measurement until getting closer to the max temp and generally not showing accurate measurement until 40c to 45c is reached for real. Then they consider that temp to be more generally accurate. That is the temp that becomes accurate enough to shutdown the cpu when it overheats.
RGone...ster.

ok guys so i set the cpu clock ratio up, it is now at 4ghz ! btw why does it jump up and down from 4ghz to 3ghz

W0O3JKW.png

can i overclock more ? this is 20 mins stress testing. as other guys in the forums said this temp might not be accurate and might be higher.

Last edited:
ok guys so i set the cpu clock ratio up, it is now at 4ghz ! btw why does it jump up and down from 4ghz to 3ghz

W0O3JKW.png

can i overclock more ? this is 20 mins stress testing. as other guys in the forums said this temp might not be accurate and might be higher.

Could be thermal throttling. Did you disable things like Cool & Quiet?

When you show HWMonitor we need to see ALL the voltages. You can cut off that GB0750C4414 what ever it is.
RGone...ster.

xgjengen, please add a signature so we can see the components without going back to the first page.

btw why does it jump up and down from 4ghz to 3ghz,
if you have all the power saving features disabled and windows in "high performance" there is a good chance the Vrm section is throttling the Cpu.

Page #36 of mobo manual.
HPC Mode
Allows you to determine whether to enable High Performance Computing (HPC) mode for the CPU.
Enabled prevents the CPU frequency from being lowered during system halt state. ENABLE
(Default: Disabled)

APM (AMD Application Power Management)
Enabled Dynamically monitors the power consumption of the CPU cores and automatically
optimizes the CPU to its best performance level. >> is (Default)

Disabled Disables this function.DISABLE
RGone...

Thank you guys ! I disabled APM and enabled HPC mode and it is now stable at 4ghz.

Here are my new hwmonitor results. ALso the voltages for Rgone.

KMNh6jG.png

xgjengen, If you want us to help you, you need to help us as well. Johan is correct in his post above. Seeing screen shots of Hwmonitor at idle tells us nothing, additionally what is stable? We consider stability running at least 2 hours prime blend.

Johan, as you can see on my picture above, that is my results on 20 minutes stress testing, if you want me to do more i can do it.

Open and do not close HWMonitor so it can log high/low volts and temps and run P95 Blend for at least 20 mins and after P95 Blend is finished with 20mins then capture the pic of HWMonitor (never closed during P95) and CPUz CPU TAB and MEMORY TAB and post all three to the forum at one time. Something is seeming to be showing a result that is very seldom seen.
RGone...ster.

EDIT:
This maybe what you have been doing and if so then as "johan" says in a later post...there must have been an issue with cpu to cooler contact.
END EDIT.

Back