• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking AMD Phenom II X4 830 non BE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chirkk

Registered
I'm getting this cpu today and have a few questions. I've heard the non black edition cpus are a pain to overclock, but I had an old pentium 4 I got to 3.8GHz from 3.0GHz OCing just the FSB. I really want to get this thing up to 3.5GHz on the Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus I have, but am unsure if it's possible. I was thinking running the FSB at 250 x 14 to get my CPU to 3.5GHz. I will overclock the NB to 2.22GHz and might up the voltage if nessasary. The ram I will use is 2x4GB g-skill ripjaw x ram @ 1600MHz, Asus M5A78L-M LX, Nvidia 8800 Ultra, and a 600w corsair PSU. Cooling will not be a problem hopefully, I have an Antec 900 with all the fan slots taken up.

That CPU might not like the 1600MHz RAM, you might have to downclock it to 1333MHz, but you can tighten up the timings.

Back