• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Escapades: socket 939 Athlon 64 3800+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think that heat sink is a Thermalright SI-128, probably about the biggest heat sink I've ever seen, other than the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme.

Yea that's it ! I had the 92mm version too on my athlonXP tbreds and bartons. Its still sitting right here, too haha.

I think some of the most fun I've had overclocking was with my 2 little venice chips. I held on to them long into the dual-core craze. They were just soooooo fast for 80 bucks or whatever. integrated memory controller and great ipc

Didn't upgrade the 3200+ until 2 years ago with a quad 8300. talk about a massive upgrade

Didn't upgrade the 3200+ until 2 years ago with a quad 8300. talk about a massive upgrade

Hell ya I know that, I rocked my 3000+ Winchester until last summer when I got the 990Xa(plus a sempy to toy with) and then the 8120 in the fall. I dont care what anyone says about the CPU im in awe of the processing power that can be had for just a few hundred bux these days.

Back