• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking/fan speed control program for 7900GT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KillrBuckeye

I was using RivaTuner (primarily for fan speed control) for my 7800GT, but it doesn't support the 7900GT drivers yet. I tried reverting to some old drivers, but they won't work with my new 7900GT. Is there a new version of RivaTuner that will support the 7900GT (I have V2 RC 15.8)? I couldn't find anything after some quick searching.

So what are you guys using to tweak these cards? I've used CoolBits registry edit before, but there is no option for fan speed control. I could install SpeedFan, but this won't give any overclocking options for the video card (at least I don't think so). Any suggestions?

well i know i did something in my rivatuner config file:
open it with notepad and go edit this "NV47 = 90h-9Fh" to "NV47 = 90h-9Fh,F5h"

without those thingys infront of it ofcourse... so actually this NV47 = 90h-9Fh,F5h

btw i did this with my 7800gs...dunno if it works on a 7900

Drinkyoghurt said:
well i know i did something in my rivatuner config file:
open it with notepad and go edit this "NV47 = 90h-9Fh" to "NV47 = 90h-9Fh,F5h"

without those thingys infront of it ofcourse... so actually this NV47 = 90h-9Fh,F5h

btw i did this with my 7800gs...dunno if it works on a 7900
What does this change achieve? Does it enable the driver configuration within RivaTuner?

Drinkyoghurt said:
i dont know..but it enabled me to overclock and to adjust fan speeds
Okay, I found the answer to my RivaTuner questions in this thread . The fix you implemented works for the 7800 series, but not for the 7900 series since there are significant differences. The 7900 series cards will be supported in the next release of RivaTuner, due out this month according to the developer.

Now, continuing my search for other fan speed control options... I'm wondering why all video card vendors don't provide some type of software fan control? At least my EVGA card only runs the fan around 40%--I've heard some 7900 series cards from other makers keep the fan at 100% at all times!

100% is loud...my fan settings at default are 2d=50% low3d=79% and 3d=79%
but i dont think 79% for a high 3d game is good so i set it at 100 which is kinda loud, but in a game you wont notice it

Back