• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sounds like a reasonable plan. RGone might be correct about the Hyper 212+ fitting into your case but if so it would just barely. He is someone whose opinion I certainly respect.

Oh, yes, I think so. Though it might not allow you to overclock as far as the top drawer big tower coolers like the Noctua D14.

Hey, btw. Wont a front fan make it easier for dust to get in? or should i still go for one?

Hey, btw. Wont a front fan make it easier for dust to get in? or should i still go for one?

Maybe it would bring in more dust but the extra ventilation would be worth it IMO. Most of us who overclock make a habit of taking compressed air and blowing the dust out of our heatsinks and cases every few months anyway. You can get canned compressed air at office supply stores. A small air compressor is even more handy.

Get a double ball bearing fan for that front mount. In the horizontal (blowing air parallel to the ground) position they last longer than a sleeve bearing fan.

Back