• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking i5 750

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bodies

Hello.
First of all, I know that there are already threads regarding this subject but I couldn't find one that mirrored exactly what I'm looking for and to be honest, I'd rather not take any risks following guides that were kinda for my setup.
I am trying to oc my i5 750 a bit, just to a reasonable amount since my computer was already overclocked a bit (3.7ghz) some months ago but then I made some hardware changes which caused some bsod's I had to fix (went to default settings) and now I want to start over.
My setup is: Intel i5 750 @ 2.6ghz (default), Asus P7P55D-PRO, GSkill RipjawsX F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL DDR3, Asus GTX650 DC Top e Corsair TX650W.
I attached cpu-z screenshots from CPU, Memory and SPD tabs (slot#1 and #3 have the same values).
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

The reason I'm looking for your help is that I was experiencing some BSOD problems some weeks ago that disappeared when I changed my bclk value to 133 (default) which means the OC was making my system unstable. This was probably not because of the cpu oc but because of the ram I installed recently (old settings didn't "fit" the new ones I guess).

Thank you all in advance! :)

So what are you looking for, the exact settings for a 3.7Ghz clock? Here's an excellent guide over at Legion Hardware that mirrors your CPU and board...

Intel Core i5 750 Overclocking Guide With the ASUS P7P55D Series
http://www.legionhardware.com/articles_pages/intel_core_i5_750_overclocking_guide,1.html

... and as far as the RAM, just enable the DDR3-1866 XMP profile. Basically set the BCLK to 186 w/ the mult. set to x20 = 3.72Ghz, the DRAM multiplier to x10 = DDR3-1860, timings to 9-10-9-28-1T at 1.50V (all sub-timings on Auto), and the Vcore to ~1.15V to start. Also check out the recommended settings mentioned in the article / guide I linked you to, like Xtreme Phase Full Power Mode, EIST, and C1E.

Last edited:
i have almost the exact same setup. try setting multiplier to 20 fsb to 200 vcore to 1.28v QPI 1.25v leave load line calibration on. you should be able to keep at 4.0ghz. make sure to stress it out using a program like Prime95. make sure you have your ram timings where they need to be and your ram voltage to where it needs to be.

Hello.
I'm having trouble deciding what to try first since there is a lot of different information regarding the same topic, mainly some settings that you guys say to enable and the guide tells me to leave at auto.
And also, what is FSB? I can't seem to find vcore settings in the bios screenshots from the guide, can you tell me where it is? What about the RAM frequency, should I go for ddr3 1600mhz or ddr3 1860mhz?

Thanks for the responses!

Last edited:
Back