• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking issues and how hot can i go? 7800gt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
winterone said:
sound right mine hits 72 under load 523/1.36MHz These card usually run on the warm side

Those seem to be some very nice overclocks. nice 3d05 score with a 7800gt. most i could get is 8100. Does your fx cpu really up it that much? cause i know your overclock alone couldnt make it reach those numbers...least i dont think so. well i'm still trying to find a cheap but reliable psu that will handle what i have now and a second 7800gt sli in some months to come. and any good links to were i can get some good gpu cooling?

AcidMan :p

AcidPlayer said:
sli in some months to come. and any good links to were i can get some good gpu cooling?
AcidMan :p

well your stuck with either artic cooling or zalman. I would however not get the new artic cooling coolers since they blow the hot air onto your mainboard instead of into your case or out of a pci slot at the rear of a case... dont understand what artic cooling is doing... stupid design! hot air out of case! not onto motherboard

I think it's your OC. 520 core clock speed is pretty high, my 7800GT with the copper heatsink tops out at 492 or so. Try testing your core clock speed under 500 during 3dmarks05.

darksparkz said:
I think it's your OC. 520 core clock speed is pretty high, my 7800GT with the copper heatsink tops out at 492 or so. Try testing your core clock speed under 500 during 3dmarks05.

I did and i actually get my best numbers with said clock speeds. When I use the find optimized clock settins with coolbits it finds 505 core and 1210 mem on its own. all i did was raise that a bit more. temps stay fine and i know i can go higher if i had a better psu even. no artifacts even if i go higher then that...it just restarts computer or freezes up. I have my 3500+ oc'd from 2.2 to 2.51 and its been like that for four months with my old card and temps are very stable there as well. just overclocking this new cards and the cpu as well i think i run outta juice on this stock psu. its a raidmax that came with the case.

AcidMan :cool:

boris_37 said:
uh okay why are you quoting me you fool? i am telling him that he cant. sue me... try reading through more than one post and you would realize what im trying to say? thx buh bye?

**edit** also there is such a thing called cold, its the absense of heat. When people go into space there is no air, no sun=no heat= cold.

Not true. In space, objects facing the sun get EXTREMELY hot, due to absorption of the sun's rays (radiation), something on the order of several hundred degrees Celsius, while objects facing away from the sun go below zero to the same degree. That's alot of heat.

Back