• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking my amd 955 be

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

recc42

Hello guys well i decided to give it a try to overclock my processor and well i raised the multiplier to 18x(3.6 ghz) and raised the volts to 1.4v... but i read somewhere that raising just the multiplier is just not enough for a good overclock im supposed to rise the ht and nb too... so i wanted some help from you guys these are my specs:

MOBO: Motherboard Model: ASUS M4A87TD/USB3
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 be c3
GPU: evga gtx 550 ti
PSU:cooler master xtreme 550w
RAM: Corsair vengeance 1600 16GB (9-9-9-24)
CPU Cooler: cm hyper 212 evo

i suppose i add some temps too...
idle w/raised multiplier to 18x : 38-43c
full load w/raised multiplier to 18x: 53-56c (prime95 blend test)

if u guys need anything else to help me please say so and i'll bring you the info :)

cpu-z validator : http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2354023

Last edited:
No, nothing wrong with raising the multiplier for an easy overclock. There isn't much use to raising CPU_NB and raising HT is worthless.

If you want to run a higher CPU_NB, then lets shoot for ~2600 which should be easily achievable by raising the CPU_NB multi to 13 and bumping the voltage up to about 1.25v. Of course, to do it right, you should start in smaller steps.

Back