• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking my AMD Athlon 1.1Gig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paul.K

Please help me to find info or direct me in overclocking my AMD athlon 1.1 gig system. I have burnt the processor in for several months and I have always wondered about overclocking. Please help.
My system spec is:

CPU AMD athlon 1.1
HSF Coolmaster Recomended by AMD
RAM 192MB
G-force 256 Ann pro
Sound Blaster player 5.1
ECS AMR plus main board VIA KT 133 chipset
20gig harddrive

Please help I'm a complete newbie!
My e-mail is [email protected]

first of all you need a better hsf. I recommend the OCZ Copper Gladiator, but there are a lot of good hsf's out there. Then you need to connect the L1's. If you look on your chip you will see these little bridges that are labeled as L1. Go to the closest autozone and pick up some window defogger. Use that to connect all four sets of little dots. Since ive never heard of that motherboard your gonna have to check and make sure it has controls for fsb, multiplier, vcore, and VIO. If it doesnt than there are ways of connecting other bridges on the proccessor, but i dunno which ones. Im sure somebody could get you a link to a site that shows how to do that.

Cheers Ferg for the post,
Can you clear up a few things for me, don't forget I'm still only a newbie at this.
First of all what is window defogger and autozone. And "use that to connect all four sets of little dots".
I'm sorry if I seem stupid to all this but I am very grateful for your assistance.

P.S. Could you clear it up for me????

Go to this site for info on the bridges:

Anything else, if perform a search on this site and sites like http://www.AthlonOC.com and just spend the time to browse and learn about what to do. since everybody has a different system, you just have to experiment. I am also very new to this whole O/Cin' thing, but I have spent alot of time on this site and many others to learn as much as I can, and the fact I don't want to blow my new system up!! I hope this helps you, it may not be the fastest way to O/C your system, but it is the safest. GOOD LUCK!!

PS, when you post a question, it helps to explain to everybody all of your computer equipment you have, that way we can help you better.

Check out this heatsink roundup from www.athlonoc.com
The swiftech may be the best but at almost triple the price of the OCZ Gladiator i think ill chose the cheaper.

Abit KT7
Duron 700@810
26C idle, 39 C load

I have browsed the site for a few hours now and I have aquired a good deal of knowledge relating to O/C. However its seems the best way to O/C is to change the FSB frequency + the multiplier. However it SEEMS I cannot adjust the multiplier setting on my ECS mainboard (Model K7VZA with KT133 chipset). So I think I can only change the FSB which disappoints me......

The make of the board is EliteGroup and model is K7VZA ....website address of manufacturer is www.ecs.com.tw

I have looked extensively on this site for information please relpy if you can help solve the problem.

My complete system spec is:
Amd Athlon 1.1 gig 200FSB
Main board as described above
PC 100 192MB Ram
IBM 20GIG HH
Coolmaster HSF
Cheftec Tower case 300Watt PSU with 2 rear exhaust fans excluding PSU fan + 2 front intake fans
Creative 256 G-Force AGP Ann Pro Graphics Card
Creative Soundblaster 5.1 Player
Creative 12*DVD-Rom/DRx3 decoder card
Diamond 56ipro pci-modem

I looked through your manuals and i didnt find anything about multiplier jumpers. So i guess your stuck with what you have unless you upgrade your motherborad.

Whats a good clockers motherboard???

Please recommend one!

Well for about $105 you can get a MSI K7T Turbo. Great board for your chip and it has the KT133a VIA chipset that will allow you to overclock to 133mhz fsb. Your current chipset is a KT133 (with no "a"). this restricts you to 200 (100x2)mhz fsb. maybe you cab exchange your board for a new one?

for my money i wouldn't buy anything other than a Abit KT7A. If you have multiple drives then you may want the raid feature as well, but otherwise you can get it for around $110. It has the newer KT133A chipset so that you can run your fsb to around 145 from what ive heard. It has a multiplier, fsb, vcore, and VIO controls. The VIO on the abit boards offer more options than most boards.

How do you suppose I join the L1 bridges???

Please help !

Easiest way !

Thanks for all help!

the easist and best way would be with rear window defogger kit or conductive pen. Which ever is easist to find and cheaper.

Back