• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking my DLT3C 1700+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fusionpit

Registered
I got this bad boy a few days ago, and the previous owner confirmed that it runs prime95 for 24+ hours at 11.5x200.

Not wanting to destroy the chip the first day, I start taking it slow. I had been running for a couple of days @ 13.5x166, 1.625V, and it was rock solid (Folding, CPUBurn, Sandra(I don't know what the hell to do with prime95, so if anyone could tell me, thanks.)) with idle temps at ~33C and Load at around 37C (SK7, SmartFanII@5000RPM).

I decided to find the limits of the Proc. First, ran it at the 11.5x200 (Which it is right now) and it works great.
1700@2.3GHz.jpg

(That is Kingston ValueRam there, I had it running 2-2-2-11 @ 166 default voltage, i'm starting to burn it in now, giving it 2.7V)

Next, I up the multi to 12 and the Vcore to 1.775V
1700@2.4GHz.jpg

Not much in the way of ram there, it was running in 6:5 @ 2-2-2-11 with default voltage.

Thinking I can get 2.5, I try and hope for the best. Upping the Multi to 12.5 and Vcore to 1.925(My boards Limit), I pray nothing frys.
1700@2.5GHz.jpg

Yay, nothing Blew up. 2.6 Seemed in sight. I up the Multi once more to 13. Reboot, says its a 2600MHz Athlon. w00t. Go into the bios to check RAM timing, And it freezes. I reboot, nothing. Reboot, comes up again, but dont get past hard drive detection. Once more, nothing. So I reset the cpu frequency to default and head back to 11.5x200. Works great, and i'll try to get more once I get a new video card (i'm rather poor, so I have to save up for a While to get anything, which is why I only have 256MB ram)

I'll update this if I can get anything higher and stable out of this great little chip.

EDIT: Here's the steppings I remember, don't want to take off the SK7 for the Serial numbers.
AXDA1700DLT3C
JIUHB0310WPMW

Last edited:
A cpu with that exact steping and date and batch just sold on ebay for 86.00. 10:00pm mtn time.

Prime95 has a torture test in it just run that and if your pc is unstable then it will error or bsod or reboot. I would check your 12volt rail look's low. Chances are if thats not full load then the rail will be lower when you do full load it so that might have some say so in the matter. IMO I wouldn't get over 1.9vcore and 50c temp's full load with that chip but then again it's not mine.

2coop said:
A cpu with that exact steping and date and batch just sold on ebay for 86.00. 10:00pm mtn time.

Wow...Good thing I only spent $40 On mine :)

I have the exact same chip, exact same week. Those results look to be about what I'm getting, although my board allows for a little more voltage. I was stable at about 2.55ghz earlier, and I'm going to do some mods and push for 2.6ghz next time around. These chips are awesome!

What motherboard are you using?

Some intresting stuff with my bios...I downgraded to the older TFA402 Revision (Because it goes up to 250FSB, as opposed to the TFA42's 233), and CPU-Z now says I have the nForce 2 ultra 400 Northbridge. The newer revision says I have a nForce 2 SPP. Strange.

EDIT: Also with this Bios, it reports the cpu as a 1700+, regardless of the speed.

Last edited:
I have one of those with the same stepping.

With 1.85V I could get 2.4 stable with it!

Back