• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking P4 2.4C & Asus P4P800 DLX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Facasi said:
is the Zalman CNPS7700 -CU compatible with the P4P800 DLX ?

I am running the CNPS7700-CU on my P4P800 Dlx. It's tight. I had to remove the PS to install but it does fit. And it cools extremely well and quietly.

R

you know i faced this problem too when I was OC'ing my 2.4C. Then I picked up 2 sticks of OCZ 4000gold Rev.2 and used the 5:4 divider. now that disabled PAT on my Epox board but, I was able to push such a high fsb that I overcame that and got killer sandra results. I reccomend that you try this mem or any off the high quality TCCD chipped memory sticks as they clock high with less voltage. Here is a shot of what I was able to achieve with my 2.4C On a Epox 4PDA2+Ver.2 mobo. One of my favorite things about this board is that it can supply 3.3 V-dimm volts to your mem without mods. Just turn it up. although the TCCD chips do not need it.
cooking.jpg

I was able to bench at 3687 mhz here is the aquamrk score and link
Zilla2a.jpg

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=953933834
you won't find too many 2.4C's ripping off this score in PCmark04 either
Runningwiththewind.jpg

Again before i got that memory i was limited to 3.2 mhz right around 267 FSB.
All the way to 309 FSB with the OCZ mem. I will tell you that the Epox board is no slouch either. Good luck with your Overclocking adventures. As for my 2.4C It now resides in my wife's Computer running on a Epox 4PDA5+. It lopes along at 250fsb @ 3ghz. Playing bejeweled and checking e-mail anda few other msn games. I feel like crap that I let her have it. It such a sad way for a SL6Z3 to go.

WZ

Helsyeah said:
have you noticed that you start getting artifacts in games and such? I ask because some p4p owners have notice artifacting when pushing their fsb over a certain amound, verying between individual boards. This paticular problem seems to be limited to the p4p800 boards however.

the problem is more to do with the 865 chipset ive had the problem on asus and abit boards when working with 865 and high fsb.

WeldZilla : what king of cooling do you have for you 2.4C system?

Back