• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my PC will not boot after manually setting the RAM speed. I reset the BIOS to default and that fixed it. Thanks though.

Try manually setting the speed with looser (or stock) timings/voltages. It should be stable with stock values, which then you can work on increasing the speed or tightening the timings.

what happened to all the other posts?

Well I have had this problem since I got the motherboard. It lets me tighten the timings just fine and I see a boost in performance. After 6 months trying to figure out how to increase my RAMs speed, I don't think it is worth the trouble.

It depends on the combination of timings/speed.
As mentioned before Superpi 32m will tell the difference.
I know it's only useful for better benchmark scores, but hey, this is an overclocking forum. Why not oc the ram aswell as the cpu? It's not so hard really...

my BIOS does not post when I raise the frequency. When I tighten the timings I see a boost in performance and my PC works. (<---that is all that matters really)

Back