• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking stock ASUS Essentio CG1330 project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi trents,
I might go with that suggestion if the ram ends up being one of the factors that affects my terminal overclock speed. I have a feeling that it will ultimately end up being the motherboard components (which I cannot swap out easily) that limits the final speed.
Would you have any recommendations as to what kind of ram to use? I see in your sig that have GSkill Ripjaws 1600.
I didn't have a chance to play with my rig last night (work must take precedence over play, unfortunately), but I'll take and post pics of the memory section of my bios tomorrow.
Thanks!
EBuzz

I guess frustration is an okay wording. What I know is that if the modded bios has any of the regular DIY board's adjustability; then we could likely help. But we need good information to do the helping.

Good pics of the bios where memory, cpu speed and voltages can be modified by the user would be awesome. Then we know what that bios claims it will allow the user to make changes to.

Yes 8 gigs of good DDR1600 ram (G Skil works fine in AMD) should give you some flexibility in overclocking using the FSB/HT Ref speed since the 1035 Thuban has 'locked' multipliers is what I understand. But the bios needs to allow for a memory multiplier adjustable by user. There again good pictures of the area where we normally do our overclocking would be just freeken awesome.

It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words. Pics would cut down on your or my handwork. Hehehe. Luck man.
RGone...

RGone,
I completely understand your point and I apologize if I'm making this harder and more time-consuming than it should be. This is the first time I've really asked for help in any type of on-line forum, and I don't want to cause the people I'm asking for help any frustration. I'll try to do better in the future. :chair:
I'll post the bios memory settings screenshots before going any further with adjustments. Would there be any other type of pics/info that may be needed?

Johan45 and trents,
I guess then it would make sense that the PNY ram isn't faulty, and wouldn't let me overclock as high, if it's surprising that the Apcer ram is running at this speed. All things being equal, would it make sense to install 1600MHz ram for more stability? And if so (or not), any particular brands/models better suited for overclocking?
Thanks All!
EBuzz

Hi trents,
I might go with that suggestion if the ram ends up being one of the factors that affects my terminal overclock speed. I have a feeling that it will ultimately end up being the motherboard components (which I cannot swap out easily) that limits the final speed.
Would you have any recommendations as to what kind of ram to use? I see in your sig that have GSkill Ripjaws 1600.
I didn't have a chance to play with my rig last night (work must take precedence over play, unfortunately), but I'll take and post pics of the memory section of my bios tomorrow.
Thanks!
EBuzz

GSkill ram. I've never heard of any compatibility problems with GSKill on AMD systems, unlike Kingston (especially).

Hi All,
Here are some poorly taken pictures of the memory settings in the modified bios screen. I hope you can see the settings enough to guide me through. Most were set to AUTO when the CPU-Z screenshots were posted. I tried to mess around a little with the timings to match the specified timings in CPU-Z.
Please let me know if you need anything else or if I should ty to take better pictures...
The next post will contain the CPU setings...
Thanks again for all your help!
EBuzz

Attachments

• Ram timings.jpg
    Ram timings.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 143
  • Ram timings 2.jpg
    Ram timings 2.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 138
  • Ram timings 3.jpg
    Ram timings 3.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 143
Here are the CPU setings screens...
Again, pooly taken pics, and I apologize...
Thanks!
EBuzz

Attachments

• CPU.jpg
    CPU.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 146
  • CPU config.jpg
    CPU config.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 141
  • Jumper free.jpg
    Jumper free.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 144
EBuzz, why don't you do this as it is written for captures. I don't care if you show the P95 Application since if you 'say' it failed for a reason...well it failed. However is best to see the other 4 screen captures just as written about and displayed in this post.

Makes answering about overclocking an AMD cpu easier.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU Core Temps; which are n0w called Package Temps, fully visible.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of INDIVIDUAL images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

I think you will need to lower your HT Link Speed as you did with the CPU/NB Frequency. The HT Link Speed is not very overclockable and if you leave it on Auto it will quickly exceed stable limits as you increase the FSB. But like RGone said, what we need also are pics of CPU-z tabs: CPU, Memory and SPD.

Back