• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking with a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

infinitePUGZ

I'm new to overclocking so I watched some videos on how to overclock my fx 6300, but the UEFI in all of the videos is different to mine. Mine seems to be missing several features like CPU bus frequency, CPU spread spectrum and PCIe spread spectrum. There's also something called bclk clock control. I have no idea what I'm doing. My UEFI version said f1 i think. Anyone know how to overclock with this thing?

PC specs:
CPU: AMD fx 6300
Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO
GPU: Sapphire r9 270x 2gb dual-x
Memory: Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 (2x4GB)
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P

Welcome to the forums infinitePUGZ!

First I would like to mention that I personally would not overclock on that motherboard. It only has a 4+2 Power phase and the AMD FX 6&8 core CPU's draw tons of power which can be to much for many of these "less expensive" boards.

With that said if you do chose to overclock with it there are some terms you need to get very familiar with. This link is a great source for learning terminology as well as a great tutorial on how to overclock your CPU.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...ormance-Scaling-Charts-max-OCs)LN2-Results-co

I would also recommend adding a fan blowing directly onto your VRM's (power section) like in this picture.

20130623_133904.jpg

Back