• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overheaing i5s and questions about an OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DwarfKing

Registered
Recently my core i5 750 is having some heat issues. It has been running around 50C when idle. It's a warm summer but my house is air conditioned so I don't think that's the issue. I ordered a new CPU fan (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler) and am hoping it will cool it down. Any other ways to keep it cool? Re apply thermal paste or something? BTW this heat issue isn't really affected by an OC, only about 3C.
My second question, is I bought 1600Mhz RAM, and like to have my CPU OCed around 3Ghz(I'm not the most extreme) but I was wondering if what I did to my multiplier etc was okay without changing the voltage. Normally I would just change it to 1600Mhz but it's not an option :( If it matters my mobo is an ASUS P7P55D-E LX

Attachments

• BIOS.JPG
    BIOS.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
Recently my core i5 750 is having some heat issues. It has been running around 50C when idle. It's a warm summer but my house is air conditioned so I don't think that's the issue. I ordered a new CPU fan (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler) and am hoping it will cool it down. Any other ways to keep it cool? Re apply thermal paste or something? BTW this heat issue isn't really affected by an OC, only about 3C.
My second question, is I bought 1600Mhz RAM, and like to have my CPU OCed around 3Ghz(I'm not the most extreme) but I was wondering if what I did to my multiplier etc was okay without changing the voltage. Normally I would just change it to 1600Mhz but it's not an option :( If it matters my mobo is an ASUS P7P55D-E LX

Those are your settings? Why the low multi and high base clock? Also, are thew readings correct? Says you have an i7 not an i5.

Last edited:
Well these aren't my current settings, they looked really sketchy so I just took a picture. I am running an i5, but pre-over clock thing was named i7, kind of weird I know. I made my multiplier low because that was the only way to get the desired speeds of my CPU and RAM

Back