• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overvolting the MCP600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krum

Registered
I was reading that you can jack up the voltage on the MCP600 pump to around 14V and get a significant decrease in temps from the higher flow rate. Has anyone tried this?

how could you read that if no one has done it?
overvolting = more pressure and more heat
if your loop would benifit from an increase in flow rate then it would help you. not all loops do though

edit: i meant significantly (or noticably)
edit2: somehow forgot noise increase

Last edited:
crimedog said:
how could you read that if no one has done it?
overvolting = more pressure and more heat
if your loop would benifit from an increase in flow rate then it would help you. not all loops do though

oh boy

1.) it has been done: http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?goto=lastpage&t=10825
2.) more pressure is good, heat generate would be about 2w more. That's less than going from 1.7v to 1.725v.
3.) ALL loops benefit from increased flow rate

Yeah, Greenman that's where I read it. I'm wondering if there is a simple circuit I could build to convert the 12VDC from my PS to the 14 or the pump can handle. I've found several designs for variable power supplies, but I don't want that. I'd rather just use a simple converter than to have another wire running to my case. :)

Or, you can get one of these if you want an exterior unit. I've ran my old mcp600 with 13.8v and didn't notice a difference in noise.

Thanks guys, I just found an old converter at a friends house that puts out 13.5 volts @ 1 amp. It's an extra wire, but hey, it's free!

Back