• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4 2.4 (533)@3.0 stable until.............

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funkyoneboy

Registered
hi guys

I have a p4 2.4 (533)@3.0 gigs & stable ...until...........i start playing games ...is seems o.k. on 3d mark 2003..and runs without any porbs....but when i play s of f 2 online its seems seems to.. .lock up..........it will play all day long clocked @ 2.8 gigs..whithout locking up....the voltage is upto 16.25v at 3.0 gigs...and @ 15.25v running @ 2.8gigs ....can you help?? :-/

Shall i uo the voltage more then 16.25v ????

Regards

Funkyoneboy

Umm if you were running 16.25vcore through your chip you would have melted it down. So I am assuming you are at 1.625vcore.

I'd have to say that your wall for running stable is somewhere between 2.8 and 3.0. My best advice to you is to download Prime95 and use it for stress testing your system. Let it run atleast 6 hours at any given speed.

what temps you got @ 3Ghz and 1.625 vcore? im assuming thats 1.625 in the bios as a setting, the 'actual' reading will most likely be lower, you can check the voltage in the bios (the read out) and or download motherboard monitor 5 and use that, or the software that came with you motherboard. This means you have a bit more voltage that you can give your 2.4B, which should lead to stability. Do as Ssectre said and download prime95. If your pc is mainly for gaming, then 6 hours prime is probably good enough. Try and keeps temps below 55C.

Good luck

Voltage for stability, cooling for longevity...remember that! If your temps are reasonable then you can bump the voltages up. Make sure you have good cooling, a good powersupply, and most importantly, that your memory and motherboard are stable as well. The crashes might not necessarily be the fault of the CPU, as there a number of other subsystems effected by overclocking...RAM is often at fault for instability. Good luck.

it will go higher. Mine is well....was stable at 3.3 until things started acting funny but I've had it over 3.0 ghz for almost 2 years @ 1.75v.

I did hit the 3.0 ceiling with the same cooler you're using. When I upgraded to watercooling, it was stable at higher speeds. Soooo... I suggest looking into watercooling kits if you want to go higher.

I also see that it's the B version of the CPU. I'm not sure how that comes into play with oc'ing.

I've got the same speed ram as you so that's not the issue...unless the ram is at stock voltage. Mine is maxed out so if your's isn't, do so.

Back