• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 / P4T-E Benchmarks Wanted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey guys, Thanks for all the input. I will definitely update my graphs this weekend with your data. Take care,

Toast

Toast said:
Hey guys, Thanks for all the input. I will definitely update my graphs this weekend with your data. Take care,

Toast
Sounds good buddy.:D Make sure you post it when its done.:D

All,

Thanks for all the input. I have updated the graphs with your additional data. In general, all of the performance measurements follow a very linear trend as the core frequency increases. I really appreciate your time and thanks again.

Toast

PS. The ALU/FPU data at 2592 does not appear to be correct. If someone can rerun those benchmarks and post the results that would be great. Take care.

mike,

All of the data is in a spreadsheet, and I added your entry's to the cells that were missing. For one of the values, a memory benchmark, it was very clear that you probably ran it a 4x multiplier but had listed it for 3x. Your data matches mine very closely. The anomalies I see are with the arithmetic benchmarks at 2592MHz.

Toast

No, if i labeled it as 3x, its 3x. I found an anamoly on one where even at 3x (i double checked in the BIOS) it got faster results than the next highest FSB for the RAM.

Mike,

That is most intriguing !
I wonder if it is a glitch in the bios of some kind.

By the way, great overclock.
I feel very fortunate with the 1.8A chip I purchased. It is running at default voltage at 2.4GHz. With a Vid pin mod, I am fairly certain it should make it the 2.6GHz range.

Toast

You shold be able to do it. I am using the stock heatsink, with a 92mm fan and AS3 after removing the thermal pad (easy to take off if u dont run it first )

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS
If x3 is selectected your RAM runs @ 3x your fsb. ie 142 fsb x3 RAM = 426MHz x2 = 852MHz. 142 fsb x4 RAM = 568MHz x2 = 1136MHz. I hope this doesnt confuse you more.:D

ccg said:
Can somebody tell my what does that mean:
RDRAM @3x or 3x ?????

Big Nuttz said:
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS
If x3 is selectected your RAM runs @ 3x your fsb. ie 142 fsb x3 RAM = 426MHz x2 = 852MHz. 142 fsb x4 RAM = 568MHz x2 = 1136MHz. I hope this doesnt confuse you more.:D

- to ccg:

Originally the RDRAM is supposed to run at (@) 400 MHz (=4x100 MHz FSB)!

If you overclock - you run your FSB not at the "normal" 100MHz - you run it usually higher - some sorts of RAMs won´t run at a higher FSB properly so you got to go away from the normal "4xFSB" to "3xFSB".

An example - if you set FSB to 133.....
for the RAM "3x133" = 400MHz (="normal" rate for RDRAM)
for the CPU "16x133" = 2128 MHz (=overclocked CPU-Speed)

hmmm finally I gotta say the same as BigNuttz: I hope this doesnt confuse you more.:D

CYA

No No, :D :D
I habe understood it.
I'm going to buy two of the Samsung RDRIM's.
I have heart that this Rams are very good for overclocking.
I prefer:
2*256MB RDRAM Samsung.
ThX and cu
ccg

I new..

Hey I have a P4T-E too, and a 1.8a... and 256MB ECC

where do you guy get (bios 1006)... I only have 1005...

oh if I what to overclock. what do I need to do?? and change.. FBS?? More memory?? what???

What is ECC, and non-ECC?? which is better???

Intel [email protected] /512
pin truc 1.85
Asus P4T-E chip ICS9212-13
IBM 41Giga Desqstar 60
ati radeon

bus 150 x3 turbo

cpu 4591
memory 2908

140 x4 turbo ok
142 x 4 turbo disque dur problem......

MospeadasDark said:
Nuttz:

I noticed you were using the 1006 beta bios. Anything new or worth it? Having any problems?

The 1006 beta was released to support the northwood 2.4 processor. That's it. No other benefits.

Link2000

Back