• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 / P4T-E Benchmarks Wanted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MospeadasDark said:
What's new?
The fsb can be change via the BIOS up to 150 fsb. No more need for jumpers at a high fsb. Also you can select from 1.1v-1.85v via the BIOS with no need for a vpin .

AntmanMike said:
1005E also supports the 2.4

Actually is doesn't. It supporst the 2.2 but not the 2.4. I had the 1005e on my P4T-E and it didn't see my processor in bios. Only after I upgraded to 1006e did it work.

Also, there is another release of 1006 called 10063.003 (beta 3).

Link2000

Big Nuttz said:
I'm rolling the P4T533C BIOS on my P4T-E and its awesome. No more need for those jumpers.:D

What version of the P4T533C BIOS? just the normal or the Beta 1003?

Or dose it matter?

:edit: oops it's in your sig Dirrrrr, wel is there anything i need to know before flashing, like i am going to have to reset all my previous MB settings corect? After you flash all your MB setting are reset so you have to reenter them right? or will all my boot settings stay?

- Thanks - Nate:beer:

Nismo Nate said:

What version of the P4T533C BIOS? just the normal or the Beta 1003?

Or dose it matter?

:edit: oops it's in your sig Dirrrrr, wel is there anything i need to know before flashing, like i am going to have to reset all my previous MB settings corect? After you flash all your MB setting are reset so you have to reenter them right? or will all my boot settings stay?

- Thanks - Nate:beer:

Flashing, they say put it in the floppy instead of on ur HDD. I see no reasoning in this as floppy is not only a lot slower but it's...kinda iffy. I get more scared when I flash from floppy than the HDD. Also save your old BIOS incase you want to flash back. Reset your default BIOS settings just to be safe. I didn't have to and it worked for me though. When you're done load the default BIOS settings again and boot into windows. Restart, then go into your BIOS and disable all the things you won't be using(and can't use).

Now it's worse than it was with the P4T-E 1006e.003 bios. Now it only boots at 108fsb or lower, even if I crank the vcore all the way up to 1.85v. On the P4T-E bios I could get 115fsb @ 1.65v.

Kinda strange.

Tried boot at a lower FSB, loading windows, restarting then bumping the FSB up?

Also, the slow & tedious but safest way to do it is set your VCore at a certain volt. slowly increase your FSB till it no longer is stable. Up the VCore a tad then keep going w/ the FSB till you find your highest o/c.

Back