• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4b533 Vs. P4S533

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Re: well..

therudyq3 said:
I found some post at anandtech that some people have problems with this board (p4s533) due to incorrect installing the 3 power plugs from the PSU to the MB. And some occasionally have problems with the agp driver. But nothing conclusive.

i went to order it from newegg but they're out of stock!! arrrrrrggg..apparently, this p4s533 retail board is quite popular, as well as the Samsung pc2700 512MB...it's out of stock at newegg too!!! oh well patience is a virtue ...so that i won't cross over to the dark side :)

Connection PSU to P4S533 is dumb easy and I haven't so anyone complaining about it. Even if you have older type of PSU P4S533 takes and ordinary 4-pin plg that you connect to the board.
Yet I would strongly recommend to get some quality PSU if you plannning to O/C successfully.
Antec or Enermax with 300+ Watts (400+ Watts would be ideal) would be the most popular choice.
I personally prefer new Antec's True430 series, but on Intel boards Enermax performs very good as well.

Re: DMI & Placid

therudyq3 said:
BTW where did u guys get ur p4 1.8a ?? how long ago and what pack date was on it?
I wonder if it makes any difference where/what date i should purchase the 1.8a....i don't wanna get a dud that won't overclock.....any ideas?
thx!!!

I got my P4/1.8A at newegg.com about three weeks ago.
It is Costa Rican (I heard that some people have concerns about Costa Ricans and prefer Malasians). My Costa Rican 1.8A, as I wrote before, made 2.7GHz on stock (and 60*C full load hot) HSF.

Re: wow

therudyq3 said:

Well, at 2.7GHz on 1.8A P4 with stock fan I had 60*C and it was quite stable, but didn't want to work with 3DMark2001SE.

I had to lower the clock - see my sig.

:beer:

i done it...

well i pressed the order button at newegg....
P4 1.8a retail
asus P4s533 retail
samsung pc2700 512 MB
artic silvre 3

darn..my aluminum chieftec case and psu won't be here till another week and a half..yikes...

The cpu, MB, mem will prolly be here before the case/psyu arrive...u think i can hook it up to my old case with 250W psu?...lol...i won't OC it...

I'll post a new message here when i get it going and OC to 2.4 or better...wish me luck and thanks all for ur help!!!!!!!!!...it'll prolly be another week plus...darn!!!!!! can't wait

It looks like you'll be building an awesome system! (especially with the aluminum case how much you pay for that... and where'd you get it?) good luck and have fun buildnig it.. btw try and do some benchies on the system just for your own personal knowledge...

Re: i done it...

therudyq3 said:

...u think i can hook it up to my old case with 250W psu?...lol...i won't OC it...

I think you will be able to boot ok but do not connect too many peripherals and drives to it.
With 1 FDD, 1 HDD and a single CD/DVD drive and without O/C you should be able to start and use system on 250W supply (if it's not a complete junk though :))

Good luck.

the case

Daryl_D ...I got the Chieftec case aluminum in black...I called and asked the retailer and they told me it's black..not grey or charcoal black...it's aluminum and also comes in other colors....i suppose that chieftec specially made the case for them...it's just like an antec case, difference is it has a turbolink PSU...but it is aluminum...
right now directron is the only othre retailer that i know of that carries an aluminum chieftec case ...but only in silver color...
should the turbolink PSU does not work out, i'll prolly get an enermax or antec PSU...but this case in aluminum and different color is hard to find...
here's the link
http://www.buyxtremegear.com/components.html

of course I have to see what it's like in about another week plus...they had to back order this baby

Re: the case

therudyq3 said:
therudyq3

Wow! I never saw Chieftek made those cases :(

Otherwise I would get one as well (well, may be).

My original Antec PLUS1080B that is similar internally to Chieftek - the best quality/design case I ever had fro now.

Very nice case.

If I would new that almost the same comes in aluminum!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

yeah..here's a review

yeah I hope it'll be a good case... I have a feeling it is because chieftec made this case for them..notice theyr'e called "chieftec sx1040"..chieftec makes cases for antec, enermax, chenming...they just recently releasse an aluninum model called ax-01sld...only thing is this model is in silver only for now...here's a review and some pics of the silver aluminum case:

http://www.gibtek.co.uk/hardware/dragonali.html

Yeehaw.but you can get em in different colors at this place....i can't wait

i'll

i'll post a follow up message on the case and other progress as soon as the merchandise get here...it'll be about a week or so though :(

therudyq3 i am very interested in buying that case, please let me know when you get it, and if the retailer is a descent retailer (if your products came on time and so fourth) and if you had any problems with them.... of course to answer this you actually have to wait until the case comes but still i am very interested

check back here

Guys...check back here ...in this same message in a week or so and i'll let u know about my case and whatever else i can get it going with my system... :burn:

therudy you know if you ever need help overclcoking just say the word and we'll come with some :beer: and help ya out:D

Penguin4x4 said:

Does no one consider the new Mushkin Hi Perf 2100? CAS2-3-3@200MHz easy.

Mushkin?

I heard is an Ok memory but most of the test labs show that on DDR market Crucial for most value or OCZ/Samsung/(of course) Corsair are the real performers.

;)

Back