• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4b533 Vs. P4S533

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yea they look awesome! only thing is that i really don't want the windows..... hmmm did anyone see one in aluminum wihtout the window?

not yet

I should be receiving it tomorrow..monday...i'll post and let you know...
also my p4 1.8a, p4s533, pc2700 samsung are doing nicely.....running at 2.6 (144X18) at 1.55V...yes that is correct on original intel HSF ...1.55V!!!!

I encountered some problems with the bus ide driver from sis...but I resolved it...so this MB is a keeper :)

so far the only thing i did was increase the FSB and voltage. to go from 2.4 to 2.6 i only picked up extra 100 points on 3dmark2001 and on quake3, with my config, went from 325 fps to 332fps...small increase....anything i need to know to improve these bench mark numbers? I'm a newbie at OC

IF you can up your mem bandwidth a little that would help you to get better benchmarking.

Otherwise if your rig is totally stable I wouldn't recommend to stress the components, your specs are already high enough.

:)

hehehe therudyq3 try and see if you can get your cpu to post a 3ghz! Now that would be an accomplishment! (only 400gigs to go... and your only runniung at 1.55V!!!!)

DARYL_D

Hey I just received my case!!!! It's exactly like the antec case no difference at all except it's aluminum!!! the color is black...i mean black not charcoal grey...like the way I want it to be. It's really light, only 17lbs PSU included.It felt sturdy though light. and no rough edges inside so no cuts. It came with 2 fans. 1 is the rear exhaust and 1 installed on the side panel!!! with fan grill...this is a huge plus if you don't want to put clear side panel in...which I will do so it won't matter to me. Overall, the appearance is very nice!! 1 thing though, the surface texture of the side panels and top panel is that of some sort powder paint. It's not GLASS smooth. The steel metal case from antec had a smoother feel to it. The front panel, being plastic, is smooth. The PSU is turbolink and you can check out a picture of this on similar case from newegg. It's 420W. But at newegg they don't have the side panel fan already installed. The case came with no instructions and lots of extra nuts/bolts. I may put a couple of clear coats on this baby to make it smooth and protect the paint job :)

BTW, I was able to up my system at 2.7 and 1.625V...wow!!! cpu temp after running 10 cycles of 3dmark2001 and a few rounds of quake was 46C...with better cooling, I might be able to get to 3.0

But I dobt that I'll run the system that high. I'll probably pull back to 2.61 at 1.55V...I must say I lucked out with this cpu chip!!!!

uuummm

I think this is a large mid tower....same as the antec s1030...there's a full tower version that's much taller ...much more room.. here's a review of a case similar to mine...mine is black of course

http://www.gibtek.co.uk/hardware/dragonali.html

and here's a review of the full tower version but in steel NOT aluminum

http://www.2fastcpu.com/chenm901sld/page1.html

Yeah the full tower version would be better for water cooling kit..more room for it...but they don't have it in aluminum......YET

I'm still getting round cables so I can't test out my PSU yet...but from what I've done some research ...the turbolink is not a bad PSU...i believe it mihgt even be in the old antec case just under the antec label...model CWT 420 something... here's a pic of that psu ...whic i believe may be the same as mine...not the latest "true" psu from antec though

http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=17-103-903-03.JPG

DARYL_D

Let me know how your case turns out...I'm happy with mine so far...it's not the aluminum black that you find on the LIAN-LI case..but it's aluminum...and like i said...powder paint..but it's really black!!! not charcoal grey :)

Back