• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4c800 deluxe and 3dmark03

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

recoil69

hello iam new to this.
just put toghter a asus p4c800e deluxe with a p3.4
added a geforce 6800 ultra
in 3dmark03 i got 13049 stock
i went in and just did the 5% overclock and got 13286
i went back and done a 10% oc and score drop to 12788
everything ran fine through the tests no freezing ran fine
i dont know why when i oc it to 10% the cpu performance drops
is it becasue i need to up some voltage
i dont want to run my pc oc i jsut want to see how high of a score i can get then return it back to stock.. any help here with me getting a high score would be a big help thanks..

what psu you got in this sytem? and i think this thread would prolly be better in nvidia section as it look like a gfx card issue

my psu is a thermaltake 560w purepower i think its an oc issue the cpu scores drop out

how stable are your voltage lines? i personally dont like thermal take psu's as i managed to burn out the 3.3v rail with very little load on a 480w pure power. The 6800 ultra is a very demanding card on psu's....another issue to be considered is also the volt droop associated with the P4C800's so maybe just ajusting ya vcore up a little from stcok might help....get cpu-z and watch for fluctutations in vcore under load

ok i got cpu-z-122
my vcore goes from 1.584 to 1.6 usally on 1.584 using asus prob
using cpu-z its 1.504v to 1.520v
frequency 199.9 mhz
fsb:dram 1:1
cas# latency 2.5 clocks
ras# to cas# delay 3.0 clocks
ras# precharge 2 clocks
cycle time{tras} 6 clocks

Ram is likely going to 5:4 or lower in the "Auto OC" mode. Do what others said - use the "Manual" settings for ultimate tweakability and RAM bliss! Tweak, tweak, and tweak some more (Until you think you are "Tweak" from South Park!).

Later :cool:

Do things manually.....and for a few pointers PAM under chipset set to [Enabled] then PAM under Jumperfree to [Auto] set your ram timings manually...max the vdimm at 2.85V then vcore at 1.52V the lowest then raise it up to 1.58V as this volts is the most stable at the mobo your using.....going above it is a matter of personal preference..you decide....turn off spread spectrum and all onboard devices that you dont use.....bump up Vagp voltage to 1.6V for a start....hope you get the idea!!!

B.O.L
Vflux

The posters above are right, the drop in performance you are seeing is because you are using the AI overclock which uses the safest settings and to be frank...sucks. The higher you push the AI overclocking, the memory divider gets lower and the memory timings get loser. It is in no way a real example of what overclocking can get you.

There are posts all over about how to OC a intel board and specifically the board you have. So follow Vflux's advice above and do some serching on the subject or on any questions you have. Let us know how it goes and if you run into trouble.

Back